Page 567 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 6746751755756556656756856957761766710671567 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    My god...it is truly a sad day that we have reasonable people honestly thinking that Flynn should be behind bars.

This was a political hit job that basically ruined a man's life. This was an abuse of power that should give everyone pause about what our government is truly capable of when given an agenda to drive. Just sad.
    Oh wait, just wait...

Do you mean the job of the FBI is not to get someone to lie then convict them for lying vs investigating if a crime has been made? Weird justice system you live in.

Sarcastic of course and nice post.

Standby: Obamagate may be just around the corner. Buckle-up snowflakes. And some former FBI gentlemen are, uhm, more nervous today, and for very good reason.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'm not sure how politics plays into this particular situation from my perspective.
    Maybe from those involved (who are in politics) but I'm just trying to deal with the facts off the case.

They have Flynn (I believe) on tape talking to a Russian ambassador about stuff maybe he shouldn't have been discussing.
    Whether he did or not, he decided to tell the FBI and Congress and Pence that he was NOT talking to the Russian about those things.

Then he told the judge that he lied, he understood that he lied, and he plead guilty to lying, under oath and penalty of perjury.

Now you can make it as political as you want. I'm making it a case of a former general in the army swearing under oath that he broke the law.

Not really all that difficult. And no, if I was in that situation, I would not do that...and hope none of you would either.
    The transcript or "tape" has never been made public or released, so other than believing your fake news sources, who twist a story in whatever way they want to to fit thier narrative, (see the Modeling is Bull thread) I'm curious to know how you know what Flynn & the Russian Ambassador discussed, in full context?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I do not have (as I don't think it's ever been released; originally held back so Flynn could cooperate with other investigations) the transcript.
    Yes, a variety of news sources have reported on what was supposedly on it.

Whatever it was, and whatever the implications of it, they are not actually germane to a Lieutenant General from the Army swearing that he lied to the government and to the Vice President.

Why do people have such a problem with that? Do you really think a man of that background and experience would swear to a court that he was lying, when he wasn't? He plead guilty to lying.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I do not have (as I don't think it's ever been released; originally held back so Flynn could cooperate with other investigations) the transcript.
    Yes, a variety of FAKE news sources have reported on what was supposedly on it.

Whatever it was, and whatever the implications of it, they are not actually germane to a Lieutenant General from the Army swearing that he lied to the government and to the Vice President.

Why do people have such a problem with that? Do you really think a man of that background and experience would swear to a court that he was lying, when he wasn't? He plead guilty to lying.
    Fixed that for you.

Paul, do you have any comments on the conduct of certain top FBI officials?
    X A V I E R

This article from NOT the NYT, Washed Out Post or CNN is pretty clear.
    And Bloomberg is certainly not a right leaning site.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...-michael-flynn

2023 Sweet 16

Harry Litman!

Ha!!
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Paul, do you have any comments on the conduct of certain top FBI officials?
    The same comment I'd have about anyone. If they broke the law, hold them accountable.

If they swear that they did break the law, try and hold them to it.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.