Page 997 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 49789794798799599699799899910071047109714971997 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,970 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

"They also “got into confrontations with a local freelance photojournalist and with an anti-abortion preacher from Kansas,” reported CPR, adding that a single Trump fan also showed up at the Capitol on Inauguration Day" WOW. Big "RIOT" haha

"Denver Police (DPD) said two men were arrested in the area of 8th and High Street. Christopher Hughley faces a charge of obstruction and Thomas Yannuzzi is facing a dangerous weapons charge for having brass knuckles, according to DPD."

woooooooooooooo
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 01-21-2021 at 10:15 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    "They also “got into confrontations with a local freelance photojournalist and with an anti-abortion preacher from Kansas,” reported CPR, adding that a single Trump fan also showed up at the Capitol on Inauguration Day" WOW. Big "RIOT" haha

"Denver Police (DPD) said two men were arrested in the area of 8th and High Street. Christopher Hughley faces a charge of obstruction and Thomas Yannuzzi is facing a dangerous weapons charge for having brass knuckles, according to DPD."

woooooooooooooo
    *Watches TV
    Sees footage of Antifa gang anarchists roving through Portland and Seattle setting fires, busting out windows, causing mayhem, harassing citizens and being arrested.
    #Riots
    Meanwhile an arrested rioter in Seattle was “released on his own recognizance”! Hip Hip Hooray for Justice and Unity!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    It is bizarro world today:

GOP and union teaming up against Biden on the pipeline.

Nutjob Quanon Greene has filed articles of impeachment on Biden. It’s insane how people like her, the “squad” get elected. It’s pretty effing sad

Sophomore
    Crazy times for sure. After watching news the last couple days, no way Biden has more than 2 years in him.

I'd take 100 AOCs over 1 Marjorie "Sandy Hook and Parkland were staged" Greene.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'd take 100 AOCs over 1 Marjorie "Sandy Hook and Parkland were staged" Greene.
    I'm honestly baffled at some of the people who get elected to the House of Representatives. I assume that the Republicans generally come out of very rural districts where all they have to to in order to get elected is get on the ballot with an 'R' next to their name. On the Democratic side I assume the same thing but with small urban districts.

Still, it's crazy that people like that can hold positions in National government.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I'm honestly baffled at some of the people who get elected to the House of Representatives. I assume that the Republicans generally come out of very rural districts where all they have to to in order to get elected is get on the ballot with an 'R' next to their name. On the Democratic side I assume the same thing but with small urban districts.

Still, it's crazy that people like that can hold positions in National government.

The amount of people that fall upwards in government is amazing.
    "This [basketball] is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators." - Dick Vertleib

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Some of the crazies are actually waking up. So..there is hope for calmer days:

I also find it hilarious (the theme of my last 10 posts) - and sad - that so many people are gullible and desperate enough to not know that he was only pandering to them for his benefit, not theirs. This wasn't just evident in hindsight, it's who he is. It's mind boggling, but at the same time, such an interesting look into the psychology of these groups of people.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post

I have lived in the suburbs, I have lived in cities, and I have lived in very rural areas. I will tell you I knew more about my local representatives on all levels of government living in a rural area then I ever did in a city or suburb. So I think the categorization of just voting to the person with the R next to it doesn't really hold water. Hell, the amount of party switching in down ballot races is hilarious. I knew quite a few elected officials that picked their political party on the basis of "the incumbent is X so I guess I am a Y now."

However, the talent pool is smaller, so you have a greater chance of crazy getting through.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I have lived in the suburbs, I have lived in cities, and I have lived in very rural areas. I will tell you I knew more about my local representatives on all levels of government living in a rural area then I ever did in a city or suburb. So I think the categorization of just voting to the person with the R next to it doesn't really hold water. Hell, the amount of party switching in down ballot races is hilarious. I knew quite a few elected officials that picked their political party on the basis of "the incumbent is X so I guess I am a Y now."

However, the talent pool is smaller, so you have a greater chance of crazy getting through.
    In the case of a Marjorie Taylor Greene that's a bit discouraging. So people actually knew what she was about, but said 'sign me up anyways'.
    Eat Donuts!