Page 1984 of 2119 FirstFirst ... 984148418841934197419821983198419851986199420342084 ... LastLast
Results 19,831 to 19,840 of 21187

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    So happy that we have unbiased, objective, and knowledgeable people like MOR contributing their valuable insights (incites?) to these pages. It makes understanding difficult and complex issues (e.g. climate, CRT, immigration) so much easier when all we really need to know is whether or not the analyses and opinion differ with those of the omniscient MOR. Who knew, for example, that if the analysis is held by someone in Boston, it's wrong and biased?
    Thank goodness the U of Vermont grad decided to chime in.

No matter how much you defend the Massholes they won’t let you into Harvard but Providence is an ok town.

Maybe you could enlighten us with the fantastic economic policies of the Carter Admin. After all, you were a tool of it.
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 11-11-2023 at 02:14 PM.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    That’s so typical. Where she lives is important?
    What about biased Bari Weiss who lives in…Los Angeles…with her wife.
    See how ridiculous that is?
    So happy that we have unbiased, objective, and knowledgeable people like MOR contributing their valuable insights (incites?) to these pages. It makes understanding difficult and complex issues (e.g. climate, CRT, immigration) so much easier when all we really need to know is whether or not the analyses and opinion differ with those of the omniscient MOR. Who knew, for example, that if the analysis is held by someone in Boston, it's wrong and biased?
    Of course you leftist “progressives” focus on the wrong things to divert attention from the true issues. Location of residence really has zero to do with anything, although it is damn funny that both sources of “information articles” that are referred to here are based in alleged “Liberal bastions”. One of those I follow and think is 100% on point most times. Hmmm. I guess that makes me a bit more willing to hear the other side, as opposed to those who are glued to MSNBC full time?
    Richardson is a biased leftist college professor wokester (did you catch that Professor XMan?) who would defend Democrats even if they were leading the country into the jaws of hell-which they are.
    Bari Weiss is a liberal, not illiberal journalist who actually has principles that I respect. She also has a clear eye about the damage that is being done to her party- which happens to be Democrat- by American hating poser professors.
    Maybe *some* on this board should follow her lead and actually do some deep thinking and discussion rather than just changing the subject?
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 11-11-2023 at 03:04 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Thank goodness the U of Vermont grad decided to chime in.

No matter how much you defend the Massholes they won’t let you into Harvard but Providence is an ok town.

Maybe you could enlighten us with the fantastic economic policies of the Carter Admin. After all, you were a tool of it.
    Reagan too. But I had nothing to do with the policies of either.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Of course you leftist “progressives” focus on the wrong things to divert attention from the true issues. Location of residence really has zero to do with anything, although it is damn funny that both sources of “information articles” that are referred to here are based in alleged “Liberal bastions”. One of those I follow and think is 100% on point most times. Hmmm. I guess that makes me a bit more willing to hear the other side, as opposed to those who are glued to MSNBC full time?
    Richardson is a biased leftist college professor wokester (did you catch that Professor XMan?) who would defend Democrats even if they were leading the country into the jaws of hell-which they are.
    Bari Weiss is a liberal, not illiberal journalist who actually has principles that I respect. She also has a clear eye about the damage that is being done to her party- which happens to be Democrat- by American hating poser professors.
    Maybe *some* on this board should follow her lead and actually do some deep thinking and discussion rather than just changing the subject?
    Don'cha just love ad hominem attacks?
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Reagan too. But I had nothing to do with the policies of either.
    1st term.

Which was an absolute economic failure. You suck.

Reagan’s coattails are looooooooong
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 11-11-2023 at 05:26 PM.

Hmmm. I can tell you weren’t educated by the Jesuits

Richardson is a respected, well published, historian. If you actually read that letter, you would notice it is filled with facts, not opinions.
    Those facts will hurt if understood by the MAGA crowd; things like:
    All of these changes need workers, and the economy emerged from the coronavirus pandemic with extraordinary growth that reached 4.9% in the last quarter and has seen record employment and dramatic wage gains. Median household wealth has grown by 37% since the pandemic, with wages growing faster at the bottom of the economy than at the top.
    Undercuts all the doom and gloom that crowd, and its leading nominee spout every day.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

On the eve of Veterans Day, a letter from the historian Heather Cox Richardson on the 2 Americas.

https://heathercoxrichardson.substac...vember-10-2023
    Nice piece. Sums it up brilliantly.
    2023 Sweet 16

Richardson is a respected, well published, historian. If you actually read that letter, you would notice it is filled with facts, not opinions.
    Those facts will hurt if understood by the MAGA crowd; things like:

Undercuts all the doom and gloom that crowd, and its leading nominee spout every day.
    If know you history. You’d know better.

Published. Don’t make me laugh.

It seems that recently “College Professors” have deserved the attacks. Just look at the lack of criticism vs the Professors supporting Hamas and totally disrespecting Jewish people.
    Don’t pretend that there is no progressive “woke” bias within the Collegiate Academic Community. If you do, you are an abject liar.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell