Page 450 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 3504004404484494504514524605005509501450 ... LastLast
Results 4,491 to 4,500 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    after you've successfully tried them all for treason, who will govern in their place? how will they govern? what will be their philosophy? will they also be tried for treason after a certain period of time?
    1) Independents
    2) solely in the best interests of the United States of America
    3) find common ground with other elected officials and act swiftly in the best interest of the American people
    4) only if they prioritize self or partisan interests over the greater good of the country

Thanks for letting me revel in my dream world for a bit. Now it’s back to reality of our disgusting president and disgusting two party political system.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Supporting Member
    again, it's ridiculous to associate the president investigating corruption with partisan politics. it's his job as executive. biden is not a presidential nominee and likely won't be. he's hardly a rival.
    We’ll have to agree to disagree. We clearly have different beliefs of Trump’s intentions and the importance to our country of focusing on this. And now you’ve convinced yourself that Biden is “hardly a rival”. Wow.

So how about those Muskies this year?
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Not that I think anyone will pay attention.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...9a0_story.html
    Certainly not those who believe in "alternative facts".
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Yeah, we all see what happens when "qualified people" get elected.........this is a joke isn't it?

Washington is colossally f^&ed up. What we've had the last 20 years or so is people who've been in office who don't get anything done b/c of all the political infighting.

Its refreshing to have someone who ISNT a career politician. Who doesn't care about who he pisses off.

Trump could win in 2020 by the largest margin in the history of presidential races if he could change his rhetoric and style. But, he cant help himself. he is so over the top arrogant and full of himself that he is his own worst enemy.
    I'm entertained by the 'outsider fallacy' that so intoxicates people. I'd actually rather return to the days where most of our Presidents had prior executive experience as Governors. Running the United States of America is a complicated job. I think it helps to have some relevant experience. Often as a Governor you get that experience, and you learn how compromise works and how to get things done, even when parties disagree. I think that was part of the problem with Obama, and definitely a major issue with Trump. Outside of Trump's glaring personality flaws he did not seem to have any appreciation for the magnitude of the Presidency which has led to a chaotic administration almost from day 1. Basic staffing and information flow were major issues for this administration which we really haven't seen before. I attribute that to a lack of preparedness and a lack of relevant experience.

In my opinion the hyper-partisan state we find ourselves in is more related to things not getting done than career politicians - they are just a symptom of the larger problem which is (IMO) far too much money in (and around) politics. Shut off the money and influence pipeline and it would go a long way.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I'm entertained by the 'outsider fallacy' that so intoxicates people. I'd actually rather return to the days where most of our Presidents had prior executive experience as Governors. Running the United States of America is a complicated job. I think it helps to have some relevant experience. Often as a Governor you get that experience, and you learn how compromise works and how to get things done, even when parties disagree. I think that was part of the problem with Obama, and definitely a major issue with Trump. Outside of Trump's glaring personality flaws he did not seem to have any appreciation for the magnitude of the Presidency which has led to a chaotic administration almost from day 1. Basic staffing and information flow were major issues for this administration which we really haven't seen before. I attribute that to a lack of preparedness and a lack of relevant experience.

In my opinion the hyper-partisan state we find ourselves in is more related to things not getting done than career politicians - they are just a symptom of the larger problem which is (IMO) far too much money in (and around) politics. Shut off the money and influence pipeline and it would go a long way.
    Republicans nominated one of the most experienced senators alive at the time and a former governor during the Obama years. Both were resoundingly rejected by voters. Voters used to care about experience. Now they want "outsiders" or someone isn't part of the political machine. I'm not saying Obama or Trump actually meet that criteria but that's what Trump ran on.

Sophomore
    And of course trump beat Hillary Clinton, former senator, First Lady, and Secretary of State. People clearly abhor whatever has been the status quo in Washington or at the very least see something wrong with it

Sophomore
    And of course trump beat Hillary Clinton, former senator, First Lady, and Secretary of State. People clearly abhor whatever has been the status quo in Washington or at the very least see something wrong with it
    It is interesting that the last two presidents our country has elected historically would be considered the least qualified and least experienced individuals to ever hold the office. One, I believe, was a one-term Senator with no executive experience. The other, I believe, had no political experience whatsoever. One could argue the benefits and detriments of both situations.

If you think this President is crazy, just wait until you see the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    If you think this President is crazy, just wait until you see the next one.
    Nope. Nobody running is worse than what we have now.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    Nope. Nobody running is worse than what we have now.
    Actually the man is literally disintegrating before our very eyes. I almost feel sorry for him.....almost.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)