Page 760 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 26066071075075875976076176277081086012601760 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,600 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Joe Biden doesn't even know The Pledge of Allegiance.

That's pretty weak, and unfortunately typical of the out of context twittering that goes on.
    He wasn't saying the pledge (notice no hand on chest).
    To help you out, here's a transcript of his remarks so you can rest easier:

Donald Trump that he has a deeply flawed and divisive view of the United States, this nation and the job he holds. Think about what he’s saying. He’s saying, if you live in a state like Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, states with Democratic governors, you’re not his problem. He has no obligation to you. He’s not responsible for you as president, your family or your wellbeing. I don’t see the presidency that way. I don’t pledge allegiance to red states of America or blue states of America, I pledge allegiance to the United States of America. One nation, indivisible under God. For real. I’m running as a proud Democrat, but I’m not going to govern as a Democratic president, I’m going to govern as president.
    Edit: it occurs to me that if you pulled that off Trump's twitter feed (I see his picture there) that we really do need a new president if this one's got time to tweet crap like that out instead of focusing on his office and duties.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    That's pretty weak, and unfortunately typical of the out of context twittering that goes on.
    He wasn't saying the pledge (notice no hand on chest).
    To help you out, here's a transcript of his remarks so you can rest easier:

Edit: it occurs to me that if you pulled that off Trump's twitter feed (I see his picture there) that we really do need a new president if this one's got time to tweet crap like that out instead of focusing on his office and duties.
    Lol...he was most definitely attempting to quote the Pledge of Allegiance to back up his stance that he's a uniter...and he botched it. Joe gonna Joe
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    All political postings shall go here until further notice. When the aftermath cools down, perhaps we will go back to the old way.
    Just wondering if the aftermath has cooled down yet??
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Just wondering if the aftermath has cooled down yet??
    I've gotten used to this, personally. i like it. Keeps this shit from cluttering the board.

Also, all signs point to a decision today on charging (likely NOT charging) the officers who shot Breonna Taylor. Stay safe everyone, because the peaceful protesting that intensifies will not be isolated to Louisville if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I've gotten used to this, personally. i like it. Keeps this shit from cluttering the board.

Also, all signs point to a decision today on charging (likely NOT charging) the officers who shot Breonna Taylor. Stay safe everyone, because the peaceful protesting that intensifies will not be isolated to Louisville if that is the case.
    Oh I like it too. I just happened to notice the first post in the thread from four years ago and thought it was funny.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Today's comic relief.

It might be the "deep state" are actually right wing nut jobs that work at Redstate, planted in the infectious disease offices.
    Guy actually worked for Fauci. Maybe this is why some of you guys that follow that website are confused about the virus:

An internal communications staffer at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases ― the federal agency headed by Dr. Anthony Fauci ― said he will retire after a news report outed him as a right-wing blogger who alleged the coronavirus crisis is a “massive fraud.”

Bill Crews has announced “his intention to retire,” NIAID spokesperson Kathy Stover told HuffPost in an email Tuesday. News of the decision followed a Daily Beast report published Monday that unmasked him as “streiff,” the pseudonym he uses on Twitter and conservative blog RedState, which he was secretly managing.

In his tweets and RedState blog posts, Crews regularly bashes Fauci, the top infectious disease expert on the White House coronavirus task force, and the government’s response to a pandemic he characterized as a “scare.”
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bill-...b655acbc6ff411
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Oh I like it too. I just happened to notice the first post in the thread from four years ago and thought it was funny.
    Unfortunately for Muskie, there will not be a game on Election Night to distract us.

In fact, Election Day is now a dead day (no games OR practice OR recruiting) on the NCAA calendar.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Opinion piece? Nope. trump on tape saying he knew the severity of the pandemic and did nothing except lie about it. That's a fact!
    Refer to post 7425 by Xville.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

That's funny. You need to listen to the tape again. trump said in early feb. the covid "is dangerous, airborne, highly contagious and deadly." Duh.
    2023 Sweet 16