Page 806 of 2104 FirstFirst ... 30670675679680480580680780881685690613061806 ... LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,060 of 21038

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    Not that I make a habit out of trying to justify things Trump says but in all fairness, he didn't actually say he WON 3 or 4 Nobel Peace Prizes and he has, in fact, been nominated for 3.
    That's gotta be what it was. He didn't say 'nominated' in the 12 seconds of video, but he didn't say that he had 'won' them either. It was probably a clip that was intentionally taken out of context. It still struck me as hilarious. I know that it's wrong to do that, but the thought of him not being able to remember just how many Nobel Peace Prizes he had won is pretty funny.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    You have outdone yourself establishing a new low:

"Sinclair's biography, though, may get in the way of that pitch: Public records and court filings reveal that he has a 27-year criminal record, with a specialty in crimes involving deceit. The record includes forgery charges in two states, one of which drew Sinclair a 16-year jail sentence. The Pueblo County, Colo., Sheriff's Office also has an outstanding warrant for Sinclair's arrest for forging an acquaintance's signature and stealing her tax refunds."

Find some credible (not moronic) sources before you post, please.
    Just trying to do it like you Bobbie. You’re my hero. Look for more soon.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    That's gotta be what it was. He didn't say 'nominated' in the 12 seconds of video, but he didn't say that he had 'won' them either. It was probably a clip that was intentionally taken out of context. It still struck me as hilarious. I know that it's wrong to do that, but the thought of him not being able to remember just how many Nobel Peace Prizes he had won is pretty funny.
    Maybe he'll do another fake Time cover.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...876_story.html
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 10-13-2020 at 10:23 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

The Biden's are a corrupt bunch. Joe has used his 47 year failed political career to get rich and benefit his druggie son Hunter.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/email-...iz-man-to-dad/

Joe said he NEVER talked to his son about his business dealings..
    Last edited by X Factor; 10-14-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Question...

Is the ACA unconstitutional or not??

I know that GO is an attorney and that we have others on here as well. f you are not a lawyer or someone that legit understands the law, please defer to those that do. Thank you.
    I have no idea. We'll have to confirm ACB to find out.

20 Million Americans are holding their breath.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Question...

Is the ACA unconstitutional or not??

I know that GO is an attorney and that we have others on here as well. f you are not a lawyer or someone that legit understands the law, please defer to those that do. Thank you.
    Not a legal opinion but a blurb from an editorial in the Wall Street Journal - "the AG suit is political and legal malpractice because the lawsuit has almost no chance of success. Three conservative Justices have suggested in opinions this year that they are wary of throwing out entire laws due to discrete constitutionally defective provisions, and with good reason."

WSJ is about the only news source I trust and if their editorial board thinks there isn't a chance the ACA will be thrown out I tend to believe them.

Also, here is a quote from Justice Roberts regarding the issue presented in the ACA case - "As the Chief explained in his Seila Law v. CFPB opinion, “‘Generally speaking, when confronting a constitutional flaw in a statute, we try to limit the solution to the problem, severing any problematic portions while leaving the remainder intact,’” adding that the “‘traditional’ rule is that ‘the unconstitutional provision must be severed unless the statute created in its absence is legislation that Congress would not have enacted.’”

Different facts, but at least you can get a feel for how the Court will approach their decision.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    The Biden's are a corrupt bunch. Joe has used his 47 year failed political career to get rich and benefit his druggie son Hunter.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/email-...iz-man-to-dad/

Joe said he NEVER talked to his son about his business dealings..
    Yup. Thank goodness for a computer repair store owner who made sure that he got all of the info off that laptop before the laptop disappeared into the Deep State. Pretty amazing really, but I doubt that Geo Stephhy will ask Biden anything about this bombshell at the Town Hall. It will just be swept under the rug. I also have NO doubt that ABC will "vett" the audience to make sure that that question never comes up.

This just makes it more clear that the sham "Impeachment" was nothing more than an offensive to deflect the real Ukrainian scandal away from Biden and onto Trump. the Left always accuses, but never, NEVER comes up with their verification. Like Goldberg in The Atlantic with his totally uncorroborated story about what Trump supposedly called the US troops. Goldberg stated that there would be "more information and sources" emerging in the coming days". Welp, it's been over a month and crickets. Story is off the grid now, but some Dems like Harris and Biden are still keeping the lie alive.

"Russia, Russia, Russia". Yeah-for 3 years. The only one who profited from Russia was.....Hunter Biden. hmmmm.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Not a legal opinion but a blurb from an editorial in the Wall Street Journal - "the AG suit is political and legal malpractice because the lawsuit has almost no chance of success. Three conservative Justices have suggested in opinions this year that they are wary of throwing out entire laws due to discrete constitutionally defective provisions, and with good reason."

WSJ is about the only news source I trust and if their editorial board thinks there isn't a chance the ACA will be thrown out I tend to believe them.

Also, here is a quote from Justice Roberts regarding the issue presented in the ACA case - "As the Chief explained in his Seila Law v. CFPB opinion, “‘Generally speaking, when confronting a constitutional flaw in a statute, we try to limit the solution to the problem, severing any problematic portions while leaving the remainder intact,’” adding that the “‘traditional’ rule is that ‘the unconstitutional provision must be severed unless the statute created in its absence is legislation that Congress would not have enacted.’”

Different facts, but at least you can get a feel for how the Court will approach their decision.

Good stuff R!!

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'm curious, if you could, to comment on the CDC recommendation of 14 days of quarantining? And what you might think of the mass rallies with no social distancing and little evidence of masks?

Thanks if you get the chance to respond.
    Maybe Dr. K can comment on the thousands of maskless and non-distancing people in Los Angeles rallying to celebrate the Lakers victory too.