Page 204 of 2103 FirstFirst ... 1041541942022032042052062142543047041204 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 21024

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Welp.

And, Hey Mueller. You've spent over $17 million on a dead end investigation...except for nailing Manafort for ish that has zero to do with the election. Then you had to get desperate to show you were doing something else so you go after Cohen for zero to do with the election or Russia. Overreach much? When are you One trick pony gonna finally pull the plug on this charade? It's become a Traveshamockery.
    Four Trump advisers, 14 Russian nationals, three Russian companies, one California man, and one London-based lawyer. Five of these people (including three former Trump aides) have already pleaded guilty. If Manafort and gates pay their tax bills, we will easily recoup the $17 million.
    2023 Sweet 16

Surely that's fake news Bobbie.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Surely that's fake news Bobbie.
    Remember how pissed MOR was when the Bill Clinton investigation dragged on so long and wandered so far afield from the initial mandate? Neither do I.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Welp.

After the IG report today, EVERYBODY thinks James Comey is a disingenuous jerk.
    What took them so long?

And, Hey Mueller. You've spent over $17 million on a dead end investigation...except for nailing Manafort for ish that has zero to do with the election. Then you had to get desperate to show you were doing something else so you go after Cohen for zero to do with the election or Russia. Overreach much? When are you One trick pony gonna finally pull the plug on this charade? It's become a Traveshamockery.
    Bruh the federal government rounds to the nearest billion. $17 mil isn't even enough to get access to Don Jr.

When Muskie speaks...I want you people to sit up at attention.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

58% of 'pubs think it's ok to rip your toddlers/babies away from you @ the border. Every living First Lady disagrees. Trump could fix it with a 30 second phone call.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    58% of 'pubs think it's ok to rip your toddlers/babies away from you @ the border. Every living First Lady disagrees. Trump could fix it with a 30 second phone call.
    There are reports on Facebook that this practice was going on under Obama. Are those reports true or are they all about more fake news?

Beyond that, are the parents of these children warned about this separation practice prior to crossing the border? I would think they would be. What kind of responsible parent would knowingly put their children at such separation risk?
    X A V I E R

Under Obama, there was a program called ATEP, Alien Transfer Exit Program, which separated families, especially men from their families, though it could also have separated children from their parents. Remember the photo from a month or so ago of the child in a cage that the main stream media was using the point out the cruelty of Trump’s policies? It was also shared lots of times on Facebook. Turns out it was taken in 2014 at a detention center in place under Obama. Once that came out, media outlets and talking heads quickly deleted the photo from their Twitter feeds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    What kind of responsible parent would knowingly put their children at such separation risk?
    The better question is what kind of situations are they running from that makes the possibility of being separated from their children better than staying put. The risk of being separated is better than the risk of being dead.

In some situations they might very well be the most responsible, selfless parents you'd ever meet.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    The better question is what kind of situations are they running from that makes the possibility of being separated from their children better than staying put. The risk of being separated is better than the risk of being dead.

In some situations they might very well be the most responsible, selfless parents you'd ever meet.
    Yep.

And it’s my understanding that some family separation occurred under Obama’s administration, but it was more the exception. The difference is the zero tolerance policy now which results in charging the parents with a crime, even if the only “crime” was crossing the border.
    "Some of our guys thought defense was a town in Chile. Other guys thought defense was something you put up around d-house to keep out d-dog and d-cat." Pete Gillen