Page 988 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 4888889389789869879889899909981038108814881988 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,880 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    If I could travel back in time to November 2016, I still wouldn't vote for Hillary Clinton.
    ^^^This^^^

At least when Biden finished his silent prayer, he didn’t add “and a-woman” after “amen”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bjf123; 01-20-2021 at 11:31 AM.
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I think Trump definitely did them some damage, much of it in the last 2 months after he had already lost, but I don't think they are done yet. Obama basically thought that way when they were pushing the ACA and changing the Senate rules to do it. "It doesn't matter, the Republican wave is cresting anyways." They kept thinking that right through Trump beating Hillary.

I do think that the Republicans may have medium to long term problem with their brand, that will require some changes. I have probably voted more Republican than Democrat in my life, but I don't identify with much of the Republican party's branding right now. It's not important to me that my fellow citizens and I can arm ourselves to the teeth. I don't have any problems with Gays marrying. I don't care what transgender people do, or what they want me to call them. I believe science and medical experts unless / until proven otherwise. I support healthcare reform, if not necessarily universal healthcare. I'm not super pissed off about illegal immigrants. I'm not obsessed with the Liberal Media and their 'unfair' coverage of Republicans (note: I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that I don't care).

I generally voted for Republicans because I thought that they did a slightly better job of managing the economy. That's it. That's really all I care about. I still think they are probably slightly better for the economy, but if you stack up enough crap in the 'things I don't like' column, it can outweigh that.

+1. I can't wait to not care what the President does on a daily basis.
    While I agree with this and many of those in my demographic think the same way that you and I seem to do on social issues, there are a whole lot of people in this country that think differently and voted due to thinking differently on those same issues. I think maybe republicans need to ease up on a couple of things, but it's going to have to be a balancing act. Also, quite frankly, if Corona doesn't happen, I think Trump probably wins.

Supporting Member
    ACB was trending on Twitter today, and the hate flowing through the people tweeting about her gave me joy. I enjoy their misery, because they richly deserve it. Sorry Mom! (because she's probably one of them)
    Forgive my ignorance, but why was she trending today?

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but why was she trending today?
    Just because she's at the inauguration.

Sophomore
    Agree wholeheartedly that I am more than ready for 4 years of political boredom. Hopefully the best boring you'll ever see. Nobody does boredom bigger. Your going to get so tired of being bored you'll be bored of being bored...............

Supporting Member
    Just because she's at the inauguration.
    Geez...social media is such a cesspool. In different news, I saw a report about people on both sides complaining about Chrissy Teigen (who by the way annoys the crap out of me) being at the inauguration because it was such a limited crowd and why was she getting special treatment. I mean good gawd people...yes celebrity status and money get you things....its been that way since the dawn of time, get a life.

Wasn't Teigen involved in some sort of pointless scandal recently?

Wasn't Teigen involved in some sort of pointless scandal recently?
    Wasn't it her pizza shop in DC that was trafficking children?
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Wasn't it her pizza shop in DC that was trafficking children?
    looked it up...looks like that was some conspiracy thing that was brought up a few years ago?
    Last edited by Xville; 01-20-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Watching some of this inauguration - Joe Biden is pretty boring.
    GOOD!!! I want four really boring years. I want it to where people aren't even sure who the president is.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White