Page 958 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 4588589089489569579589599609681008105814581958 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,580 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The Bulwark is garbage, but this video is enlightening and disturbing.

https://twitter.com/BulwarkOnline/st...796292097?s=20
    It is just shocking that people can believe some of the crap they are sprouting off in this video. I am genuinely worried this is only going to get worse, and I have no clue how to put the genie back in the bottle.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

The Bulwark is garbage, but this video is enlightening and disturbing.

https://twitter.com/BulwarkOnline/st...796292097?s=20
    A few things strike me about this video:

1. These people are crazies, not necessarily conservatives. They happen to be aligned with conservatives at the moment via Trump, and likely agreement with pro-gun and anti-immigration policies.

2. They don't seem to have a clear policy stance, or policy objective. They just want to 'take America back' but nobody ever really states from what? They call themselves Patriots, but they very clearly seem to want to install some kind of Dictatorship with Trump at the help.

3. They really seem to believe that this election was 'stolen' and that they will prevail

4. They have an image of Donald Trump that doesn't seem to align with anything I have ever seen.

I think this highlights why populism is very, very dangerous. It's also what made/makes Trump dangerous - Populism combined with extreme narcissism and a love of 'watching it burn'. I'm a little concerned this could end with a significant amount of bloodshed on inauguration day.
    Eat Donuts!

Sophomore
    Analysis of Ashli Babbit Video Suggests Coordinated Actions: https://www.theepochtimes.com/video-...%20via%20Email

Sophomore
    Hearing reports that antifa members disguised in Trump hats, flags and clothing were actually leading the riots. I'm thinking clearly that means they infiltrated the Trump inner circle and the person who gave the speech at the rally was actually an antifa member who doubles as a Trump impostor! How long before this tidbit ends up on QAnon?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Analysis of Ashli Babbit Video Suggests Coordinated Actions: https://www.theepochtimes.com/video-...%20via%20Email
    So this lady watched 2 videos and came to conclusion that it must have been Antifa causing the issue because Trump supporters wouldn't do that because they support law enforcement, and they would only turn against law enforcement if they were provoked by a false flag antifa member? Seems awfully convenient that the Antifa member was able to lure all of those Trump supporters into the capitol and to the door of the floor of the house to pull off this elaborate plan.

I wonder how deep this goes? Did Antifa direct Trump to hold the rally? Did they encourage Republican members of congress to increase the rhetoric? Did they push the crowd through the first set of gates? Did the push the crowd towards the capitol? Did they break down the door? Did they use the same flute that the pied piper used to lure the rate to lure all of these otherwise peaceful protesters to the door of the capitol?

Even if there was "Antifa agitators" in the crowd, of which there is no evidence of, for this theory to hold up the Trump supporters would have to be simple minded that they could be easily confused and convinced to kill a police office and try to capture members of congress because someone yelled at them to. You know what, maybe that does hold up.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Word.

One of my best friends is a die hard lib and he told me he was happy about what happened at the Capital because it validated everything he has been saying about Trump and was necessary to show just how screwed up the GOP is. I proceeded to let him know that he's completely fu*ked in the head. Then we had a beer together...but that's how we roll.

And before anyone jumps in with "yeah, but there are republicans that..." I get it. It lives on both sides, but this is just my personal experience.
    I haven't heard that one yet. I sort of understand the sentiment that if this causes the GOP to break with Trump / Trumpism it is a positive outcome for the Country, as the long term danger of this type of movement continuing to gain prominence is significant. What we saw last week was not good by any standard though, IMO.

The difference would be in saying 'this was horrible but hopefully some good can come of it' vs saying 'this was good because it ultimately helped to achieve my objective'.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post

Even if there was "Antifa agitators" in the crowd, of which there is no evidence of, for this theory to hold up the Trump supporters would have to be simple minded that they could be easily confused and convinced to kill a police office and try to capture members of congress because someone yelled at them to. You know what, maybe that does hold up.
    We are truly living in the golden age of stupid. If you are a moron, the world is your oyster. Don't like reality? Don't believe it! People in the real world aren't buying your stupid bullshit? Hello, internet!

We live in a world where an unemployed landscaping worker can disagree with all the scientists in the world and hundreds of thousands of people will side with the landscaper.

We even treated the idiots among us to 4 years of having one of their own as President. How empowering that must have been for them! Now they know how black people felt when Obama was President!

Note: Before someone freaks out, I'm not saying that everyone who voted for Trump is a moron.
    Eat Donuts!

Sophomore
    100% confirmed - the black guy in the Capitol building is a hardcore Antifa leader - that is 100% fact. Why was he there? Why was he clearly coordinating with another "leader/agitator" in that video?

Additionally - if you watch other videos there are "patriots" who are clearly trying to stop the violence, and in many instances saw that there was Antifa involved, and were clearly calling them out. This is 100% fact.
    Last edited by XU_Lou; 01-13-2021 at 10:00 AM.

I won't discount the possibility that there were some Antifa agitators there to inflame the situation a bit/make things worse. However, it seems pretty clear that there were a sea of MAGA assholes ready and willing to be whipped into a frenzy and follow.....whoever into the Capital to "take back the country". Not sure from whom (they probably think it's the Jews; it always ends up going back to the Jews with these folks).

Sophomore
    I won't discount the possibility that there were some Antifa agitators there to inflame the situation a bit/make things worse. However, it seems pretty clear that there were a sea of MAGA assholes ready and willing to be whipped into a frenzy and follow.....whoever into the Capital to "take back the country". Not sure from whom (they probably think it's the Jews; it always ends up going back to the Jews with these folks).
    Total and complete crazy talk....