Page 1342 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 342842124212921332134013411342134313441352139214421842 ... LastLast
Results 13,411 to 13,420 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Nice to meet you Francis Galton. Keep working hard on the "useless eater" problem.
    Wow, calling these “unique humans” as you say “useless eaters”. Bravo Brew. Bravo. Make them live so they can suffer huh? Checkmate Brew!
    Last edited by xuphan; 05-16-2022 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Wow, calling these “unique humans” as you say “useless eaters”. Bravo Brew. Bravo. Make them live so they can suffer huh? Checkmate Brew!
    You missed the point. Nice try.

Your post was 19th C, early 20th C. Eugenics.

It's all been done before, Barenaked Ladies...
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 05-16-2022 at 08:14 PM.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    You missed the point. Nice try.

Your post was 19th C. early 20th C. Eugenics.

It's all been done before, Barenaked Ladies...
    I didn’t miss the point. Nice try though.

I didn’t miss the point. Nice try though.
    Do yourself a favor and look up Galton, Sanger, Eugenics and Planned Parenthood. It's an interesting read.

You'll find that humans can be terrible trying to do "good".

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I believe some states will be making the ectopic situation against the law.
    An embryo (while certainly unique) is not a "viable" entity. At a certain point a fetus is.
    I hope not. THAT is a horrific, legit medical decision that should be between a mother/father/doctor.

Yes, embryos sometimes don't attach. That's not what we're discussing.

Not a Dr. but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...:)
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 05-16-2022 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    THESE PEOPLE part of a “Replacement”? Ostensibly to help Democrats win elections?)
    Nothing new here. Native Americans suffered 98% replacement.
    2023 Sweet 16

I believe it is instructive to review the Pertinent 14th Ammendment in this abortion discussion. It is clearly on the side that the unborn are “persons” and equally protected under the law. This was what was so egregiously wrong in the Roe decision.
    The legal argument for protection of US persons born or unborn is straightforward. The 14th Amendment’s Equal Protection Clause, which forbids any state from “deny[ing] to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws,” was understood to include both born and unborn “person[s].” The upshot is that, while a state legislature can make reasonable distinctions in its criminal code’s homicide statutes, a state’s criminal code cannot effectuate a discriminatory regime that solely protects those who are born but not those who are unborn. Put another way, if a state bans homicide, then it has to generally ban abortion.
    As the esteemed natural law philosopher John Finnis and well-known Princeton University professor Robert P. George put it in their amicus brief in Dobbs:
    [T]he Fourteenth Amendment, like the Civil Rights Act of 1866 it was meant to sustain, codified equality in the fundamental rights of persons—including life and personal security—as these were expounded in [Sir William] Blackstone’s Commentaries [on the Laws of England] and leading American treatises.
    The Commentaries exposition began with a discussion (citing jurists like Coke and Bracton) of unborn children’s rights as persons across many bodies of law. Based on these authorities and landmark English cases, state high courts in the years before 1868 declared that the unborn human being throughout pregnancy “is a person” and hence, under “civil and common law,” “to all intents and purposes a child, as much as if born.”

As Abraham Lincoln famously argued in his 1854 Peoria speech, the relevant question is “whether a Negro is not or is a man.” So, too, is the relevant question in the abortion debate whether the unborn child is not or is a person. We happen to know the answer to that question. It is.

So the “morality” aside. Abortion is unconstitutional and the Federal Government has zero power in ruling here.

Take that Leftys.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    This is one sad thread. Any mods want to take this thread behind the barn and put it out of its misery?

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Nah, better to burn my brain cells in one place as opposed to thousands of others that will inevitably spring up.

This is one sad thread. Any mods want to take this thread behind the barn and put it out of its misery?
    Hmmmm. Education is “sad”.
    Just about the correct tone for the Left since they kept schools closed last year in Blue States & Cities.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell