Page 643 of 2104 FirstFirst ... 14354359363364164264364464565369374311431643 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,430 of 21031

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bigdiggins View Post
    But ok for AOC to call for a boycott?
    You know, that's a good point. Would need the lawyers to weigh in on it I guess.
    The federal law seems targeted to preventing politicians from endorsing products...I assume to keep them from benefiting from the endorsement (like a campaign contribution or something).
    Not sure how that would work if you supported a boycott. Not directly benefiting.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    Bingo what Bigdiggins said. And what of the endless calls from the left to "divest" from anything to do with Israel?? They're always attacking the Zionist settlement loving Jews for some reason.
    Fixed that for you.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Trump Aide Shares Meme Mocking Dr. Faucet

These people are children.

When we look back on this time, I think that one of the biggest casualties of the current environment will be dignity.

The media (both sides) have been reduced to pandering idiots. No more 'just the facts' - everything is driven by commentary. No sense of duty to objectively report the news.

Our politicians have no dignity - they will lie to our faces about things that they are documented on video saying. They post ridiculous shit on social media. They take pictures in the oval office with cans of beans. They overtly lie repeatedly and contradict past statements they have made, on Video.

The general public can't even deal with a pandemic without people getting in fights at Walmart over masks.

We are a bunch of morons.
    Eat Donuts!

Goya Foods, America’s largest Hispanic-owned food company, continues to support the national efforts of First Lady Michelle Obama’s MyPlate campaign as part of the LetsMove health initiative to encourage consumers to eat healthy and exercise.
    https://www.goya.com/en/our-company/...chelle-obama-s

These people from Goya are f*cking monsters. How dare they work with presidents from both sides of the aisle.

I don't have a problem with Goya.
    I have a problem with a president using the Oval Office to hock their products.
    Any president.
    It's one thing to talk about their contributions to healthy eating habits (as opposed to calling Mexicans rapists), it's another to pose for a thumbs up picture with their products on the Resolute desk.
    Surely you can see a difference.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Any president.
    It's one thing to talk about their contributions to healthy eating habits (as opposed to calling Mexicans rapists), it's another to pose for a thumbs up picture with their products on the Resolute desk.
    Right. Imagine traveling back in time to the year 2000 (not that long ago) and explaining that picture to somebody. First you would have to explain that Donald Trump is the President. For real. That would probably take a while. Then once you got through that, you would need to explain why he is posing with some cans of beans like he just signed an important piece of legislature.

Or try to imagine any previous President doing this. That's a fun game to play, too.
    Last edited by boozehound; 07-16-2020 at 12:57 PM. Reason: I can't type
    Eat Donuts!

Ha, like the scene in Back to the Future when Marty tells Doc Brown that Ronald Reagan is President in 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by gomuskies View Post
    ha, like the scene in back to the future when marty tells doc brown that ronald reagan is president in 1985.
    the actor?
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Any president.
    Paul- Do you think that Trump is the first president to use his power to advocate for a private business? Staking companies and picking winners and losers has been rampant in the Executive branch of the government for decades. Trump just happened to use it as an opportunity for a weird and creepy photo-op. As usual he's doing the exact same things other Presidents have done, but with much less grace or fucks given.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo