Page 996 of 2103 FirstFirst ... 49689694698699499599699799810061046109614961996 ... LastLast
Results 9,951 to 9,960 of 21024

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I didn't reference the "summer' which was terrible and I didn't call you a "pub". The "news crew' didn't shoot the guy, a security guard did after the dude smacked him and sprayed him in the face with bear mace.
    Who employed the security guard and was he licensed in CO?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Who employed the security guard and was he licensed in CO?
    I could be remembering wrong, but I think the news station hired a security firm and the security firm employed the guard and assigned him to detail. I do not think the local news station directly employed this guy.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I could be remembering wrong, but I think the news station hired a security firm and the security firm employed the guard and assigned him to detail. I do not think the local news station directly employed this guy.
    I don’t remember hearing that from our local media however I doubt it because the murderer was not licensed in CO.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    I don’t remember hearing that from our local media however I doubt it because the murderer was not licensed in CO.
    It appears that he was a sub of a sub contractor and not directly hired by the new station. I have a couple of really good friends that work the station and they were talking about how scary it was to even walk to their car after work for a number of weeks.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/c...b-513ef806bdff

"Dolloff was contracted through the company Pinkerton by 9NEWS. It has been the practice of 9NEWS for a number of months to contract private security to accompany staff at protests.

Pinkerton said it does not actually employ Dolloff – Pinkerton did not share the name of the company for which Dolloff worked."
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    We all know why...I don't think it is going to change at this point. I realized a while ago that local news was about the only real news source left, even though they may have a slight bias as well. With all that said, it was kind of nice to have a unicorn and rainbows type of news day yesterday even though some things were ignored.

Regardless, I think it is pretty clear by the links that these people are anarchists, not left or right extremists even at this point....not sure of how to rid ourselves of these kinds of people (i guess they will always be here at some level) but something different needs to be done.
    We will never rid ourselves of them, but they shouldn't impact policy for either side. They should remain on the margins of society. The problem with the internet, is that it allows crazy people to like up with other crazy people, which makes them feel less crazy. Then they spend all day talking about crazy shit with other people who are crazy. Eventually they all meet up and trash a city or storm the Capitol, or show up with an assault rifle at a pizza parlor looking for the kids in the basement.

Isolated crazies are fine - society kind of keeps them in check. Concentrated crazies can be big trouble.
    Eat Donuts!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    We will never rid ourselves of them, but they shouldn't impact policy for either side. They should remain on the margins of society. The problem with the internet, is that it allows crazy people to like up with other crazy people, which makes them feel less crazy. Then they spend all day talking about crazy shit with other people who are crazy. Eventually they all meet up and trash a city or storm the Capitol, or show up with an assault rifle at a pizza parlor looking for the kids in the basement.

Isolated crazies are fine - society kind of keeps them in check. Concentrated crazies can be big trouble.
    Greatly exacerbated by online media platforms whose entire existence is based on linking these crazies up so they spend more time on the platform.

Some of the crazies are actually waking up. So..there is hope for calmer days:

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Greatly exacerbated by online media platforms whose entire existence is based on linking these crazies up so they spend more time on the platform.
    Absolutely true. Good point.
    Eat Donuts!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Fake news as usual from you:
    To quote from your own post: "Two people were arrested at a park in Denver for having prohibited weapons. The crowd at the Capitol remained very small."
    Or as we say in a large metro like Denver "Wednesday"

No mention of a "riot" or antifa.
    I'll help you out: Anti-Facist Inauguration Events: Portland, Seattle, Denver | Heavy.com. You wouldn't recognize fake news if it crawled into your tighty-whiteys and found a hole, so don't try to start now. Hell, even NYT reported the action in Portland (in a sure sign that the bad orange man is gone): Portland Protesters Meet Federal Tear Gas After Biden Inauguration - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
    Earlier in the day, a group of about 200 people — a mix of racial justice, antifascist and anarchist activists — marched to the local Democratic Party headquarters, where some of them smashed windows and tipped over garbage containers, lighting the contents of one on fire.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

It appears that he was a sub of a sub contractor and not directly hired by the new station. I have a couple of really good friends that work the station and they were talking about how scary it was to even walk to their car after work for a number of weeks.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/c...b-513ef806bdff

"Dolloff was contracted through the company Pinkerton by 9NEWS. It has been the practice of 9NEWS for a number of months to contract private security to accompany staff at protests.

Pinkerton said it does not actually employ Dolloff – Pinkerton did not share the name of the company for which Dolloff worked."
    Sounds like legal speak for, “I’ve never met the guy”...