Page 295 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 1952452852932942952962973053453957951295 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Seeing how this has played out, I wouldn't feel comfortable moving forward if I was the leadership.
    Dems plot massive campaign if Kavanaugh falls - Axios
    Last edited by Caf; 09-20-2018 at 10:30 AM.

I agree 100% with this: "Smart brevity ... Jeffrey Toobin on CNN: "If she refuses to testify on Monday, Kavanaugh is getting confirmed." (hat tip: Brian Stelter)"

I also 100% agree that the Notre Dame woman is up next if Kavanaugh goes down to MeToo. Which may make liberals wish they'd have confirmed Kavanaugh.

After reading that I think the Dems have the GOP cornered on this. Either they take down Kavanaugh or they use this as a very timely nationwide campaign point for the mid-terms. This is gonna be nasty.

I think they might be overplaying their hand. The Democrat base was already engaged. They might be awakening the other side for midterms with perceived "dirty tricks".

It is definitely going to be Ashley Judd nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    It's a delay tactic. Supreme Court session starts October 1. Tactics cannot be rewarded.

Who knows what her agenda is, but she's a hero to half the country (and 99% of her neighbors). She might enjoy that.

Or it could be true. She has Feinstein to blame for making this look like nothing but a delay tactic.
    Merrick Garland, tactics cannot be rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Merrick Garland, tactics cannot be rewarded.
    It should be pretty clear by now that I'm with you on Merrick. There is little doubt in my mind this is Democrats not rewarding the Republicans for their tactics on Garland.

Maybe if the entire Congress simultaneously turns over we can get out of this prisoner's dilemma hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Maybe if the entire Congress simultaneously turns over we can get out of this prisoner's dilemma hell.
    Only if we replace them with more centrists!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

If somehow Kentuckians can get rid of McConnell, I think the Senate would be better for it. Ryan leaving the House is a huge improvement. You can toss in Feinstein/Pelosi in there also. There is too much career and long careers in Congress.

The beauty of Judge Barrett is that she is already out spoken anti-abortion. Polls are clear in the US, people do not want an outright ban on abortions. Technically, there really was never a ban. The wealthy just had to get a doctor to sign off on it and it was a done deal. It was a ban on poor and middle class abortions.

If Abortion goes back to the states, you'll just have to hop on a bus. That's the way it was in the seventies. Red state to Blue state. Planned Parenthood will be buying the tickets.
    2023 Sweet 16