Page 957 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 4578579079479559569579589599671007105714571957 ... LastLast
Results 9,561 to 9,570 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

N/M
    Last edited by xudash; 01-12-2021 at 05:07 PM.
    X A V I E R

I'm just curious about something.
    If you get on a plane, you go through a metal detector.
    Many office buildings and lots and lots of schools have metal detector

Why would some Republican congress people refuse to go through one to enter the Capitol?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    It's legal to peaceably assemble and it's legal to own a gun.
    A lot of things are legal, but also very bad ideas. That’s pretty basic. You can grasp that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    A lot of things are legal, but also very bad ideas. That’s pretty basic. You can grasp that, right?
    What I think a lot of people grasp, is that while Trump truly lost the vote, it doesn't mean he wasn't jobbed.

The left has been begging for a fight. Don't be surprised or cry when you get it.

Honestly it's the people running the political parties, especially the democratic party that need to be dealt with. I don't even think it's so much the politicians, they are just the faces. They're hired to recite the lies someone else tells them to. At our level we aren't even pawns, just road kill. Yeah, if you think about it's bleak. I had happily ignored it for 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'm just curious about something.
    If you get on a plane, you go through a metal detector.
    Many office buildings and lots and lots of schools have metal detector

Why would some Republican congress people refuse to go through one to enter the Capitol?
    From my understanding they already do that to enter the Capitol. I believe this is an additional screening to get on the floor of the House which seems like overkill
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    From my understanding they already do that to enter the Capitol. I believe this is an additional screening to get on the floor of the House which seems like overkill
    I think you are right. Congress people can carry guns inside the Capitol, but House rules are they can't bring them onto the floor. Hence the new detectors outside the entrance to the chambers. Some of them were bragging about their right to carry, and assumedly they were worried about them bringing them onto the floor itself.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

There seem to be a significant minority of people, on both sides of the political spectrum, that want to 'burn it down'. 'It' being America. I don't really understand that mentality. We absolutely have problems as a Country, but I can't think of a lot of places that don't. America has an inequality of income and power, but so does the rest of the developed world (for the most part). All but the poorest in America still have a decent standard of living by historical (and global) standards, and we have the most individual freedom of virtually anywhere in the developed world.

It's the ultimate 'be careful what you wish for' scenario.
    Eat Donuts!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Everything I read is that members of congress are not searched upon entering the building. Instead they have badges that allow them to skip the initial screening (which makes sense, you wouldn't want them waiting in the line with the general public as it would make them very easy targets). This is the same you see at most courthouses where employees and attorneys are permitted to skip the line with an ID card.

Essentially the screening is to prevent the new congresswoman from western Colorado from bringing her gun onto the floor (the same nut job that was live tweeting the Speaker's location during riot).
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    There seem to be a significant minority of people, on both sides of the political spectrum, that want to 'burn it down'. 'It' being America. I don't really understand that mentality. We absolutely have problems as a Country, but I can't think of a lot of places that don't. America has an inequality of income and power, but so does the rest of the developed world (for the most part). All but the poorest in America still have a decent standard of living by historical (and global) standards, and we have the most individual freedom of virtually anywhere in the developed world.

It's the ultimate 'be careful what you wish for' scenario.
    Word.

One of my best friends is a die hard lib and he told me he was happy about what happened at the Capital because it validated everything he has been saying about Trump and was necessary to show just how screwed up the GOP is. I proceeded to let him know that he's completely fu*ked in the head. Then we had a beer together...but that's how we roll.

And before anyone jumps in with "yeah, but there are republicans that..." I get it. It lives on both sides, but this is just my personal experience.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

The Bulwark is garbage, but this video is enlightening and disturbing.

https://twitter.com/BulwarkOnline/st...796292097?s=20