Page 375 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 2753253653733743753763773854254758751375 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    It took the media about .2 seconds to find Brett Kavanaugh's high school yearbook and pour over every word and page.

ALSO, Vanessa Tyson, DID go to the Washington Post in 2017 and told them about her allegations!!! Guess what? They didn't do anything with it!
    Preface: It is very difficult to find unbiased, trustful media. It seems like every story has a motive of some sort.

You can not compare the lifetime nomination of a Supreme Court justice to that of the election of a governor, or any position. The Supreme Court nominee is not running for an office, and therefore has no opponents. So comparing the vetting of Kavanaugh to lack of vetting for a state-elected official is apples and oranges.

What I read on the Tyson story is that they were unable to corroborate her story. That she brought the story to a friend at the Washington Post and it was investigated (to what extent is unclear) and could not corroborate anything to publish it as a story. I don’t know what true and what isn’t these days, but at least we should be making the same comparisons if we are holding all media to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Preface: It is very difficult to find unbiased, trustful media. It seems like every story has a motive of some sort.

You can not compare the lifetime nomination of a Supreme Court justice to that of the election of a governor, or any position. The Supreme Court nominee is not running for an office, and therefore has no opponents. So comparing the vetting of Kavanaugh to lack of vetting for a state-elected official is apples and oranges.

What I read on the Tyson story is that they were unable to corroborate her story. That she brought the story to a friend at the Washington Post and it was investigated (to what extent is unclear) and could not corroborate anything to publish it as a story. I don’t know what true and what isn’t these days, but at least we should be making the same comparisons if we are holding all media to the same standard.
    Absolutely NO ONE could corroborate Christine Blasey Ford's story and the media still went all out on it. There were multiple "accusers" who straight up made stuff up that the media reported on without knowing anything. Four or five women literally made up accusations against Kavanaugh and the media printed stories as if they were credible.

And don't give the apples to oranges comparison in the era of #metoo. This guy was the Lt. Govenor of Virginia and his accuser, who is a lot more credible than Christine Blasey Ford, came to Washington Post over a year ago and told them about her sexual assault.

An aide to Rep. Bobby Scott (D-VA) confirmed Wednesday that the congressman learned details of an allegation of sexual assault against Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax (D-VA) over a year ago, according to a report.
    Dr. Vanessa Tyson, the California professor who is accusing of Fairfax of sexual assault, reached out to Scott’s office by email on November 29th, saying she had an issue with the Virginia Lt. Gov. and expressed her desire to “talk about it.” The following month, Tyson detailed the assault allegation directly to Scott in a text message exchange, ABC News said.
    A lot of people knew about this. Crickets.
    Last edited by X Factor; 02-07-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Absolutely NO ONE could corroborate Christine Blasey Ford's story and the media still went all out on it. There were multiple "accusers" who straight up made stuff up that the media reported on without knowing anything. Four or five women literally made up accusations against Kavanaugh and the media printed stories as if they were credible.

And don't give the apples to oranges comparison in the era of #metoo. This guy was the Lt. Govenor of Virginia and his accuser, who is a lot more credible than Christine Blasey Ford, came to Washington Post over a year ago and told them about her sexual assault.

A lot of people knew about this. Crickets.
    Again, it is apples and oranges regardless of #metoo. They absolutely pick and choose whom they smear and whom they don’t. But it is unlikely due to party lines as much as you may like to think or are implying. It is about clicks, website visits, etc... What is more interesting, state government officials in Virginia whom nobody outside of Virginia knows, or Kavanaugh, the Supreme Court justice nominee that most people around the country that pay attention to news are familiar?

ALSO, Vanessa Tyson, DID go to the Washington Post in 2017 and told them about her allegations!!! Guess what? They didn't do anything with it!
    I hadn't heard this. Can you share a link?

Side note that I found funny/ironic: Fairfax retained the same attorneys as Kavanaugh.... and Tyson retained the same attorneys as Blasey Ford!

It took the media about .2 seconds to find Brett Kavanaugh's high school yearbook and pour over every word and page.

#BelieveAllWomen I believe was the motto/hashtag. Like most shit, it only matter when a republican is accused.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post

They were at least able to corroborate (from his admission) an actual sexual act. The media couldn't even corroborate if Kavanaugh and Ford were even at the same party/house let alone if there was any type of sexual contact.

This is also nice of Mr. Fairfax:

Justin Fairfax said “fuck that bitch” as he tried to discredit his accuser during a private meeting Monday night, sources tell @NBCNews’ @GeoffRBennett and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    I hadn't heard this. Can you share a link?
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/43013...ult-ashe-schow

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    They were at least able to corroborate (from his admission) an actual sexual act. The media couldn't even corroborate if Kavanaugh and Ford were even at the same party/house let alone if there was any type of sexual contact.
    I feel that makes it more difficult. She admitted to a consensual act and accused him of crossing the line. That’s a far different picture than holding her down and smothering her. The double standard is on both sides.... are Republicans calling for her personal history to be investigated to verify her credibility? Are Democrats calling for him to resign? Neither are true atm which reinforces both sides are assholes.