MSOC: Men Fall Short in Big East Quarterfinals

Link

A sixth minute score by Walker Andriotwasn't enough on Sunday, as Xavier men's soccer fell 3-1 on the road in BIG EAST Quarterfinal action at Morrison Stadium.

The Musketeers, who had won two straight against Creighton in the series, drop to 8-8-3 after finishing the regular season with a 4-4-1 record in BIG EAST action. Xavier was competing as the fifth-seed in the tournament for the first time.

"He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Sophomore
    a little bit disappointing after the season they had last year

True. They did have a big of adversity with the field situation. It's tough to play all those home matches on the road or at neutral sites.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I didn't know where to put this, and I don't follow MSOC very closely, but this would seem to be a big deal:

Shannon Russell ‏@slrussell · 21h21 hours ago  Cincinnati, OH
    Big news for @XavierMSOC...commit Stephen Milhoan named NSCAA National High School Boys Player of the Year.
    http://www.nscaa.com/web/web/News/Ar..._Announce.aspx
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.