Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Really bizarre to me that they would continue to ignore the fact that III is a really challenged in game coach. You look at them this year and they are really void of guys that can score the ball. I see at best 6-12 this year.
    The family won them a National Title. Apparently that's the gift that keeps on giving.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Is there a memorial service for Providence's tournament hopes after falling to DePaul?
    By tournament hopes I hope you mean NIT because the Friars are challenged from a talent standpoint. No one views them as a big dance participant. Will be locked in a slugfest with Depaul for the cellar and round 1 goes to the Blue Demons. Actually it is looking like the BE is a 5 bid league unless MU can get 10 conference W's.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 01-11-2017 at 01:25 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Tonight ESPN has a pro game, and ESPN2 is showing Wake/UNC.
    Meanwhile, on FS1 is the Marquette/Creighton game.

I'm driving home from a dinner deal, and turn on the local ESPN radio station that covers the Upstate of South Carolina.
    I'm always hearing "Westwood One Sports" as the people broadcasting games over this ESPN station

They were on tonight, broadcasting a game. The Marquette/Creighton game.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Butler knows how we felt last night.....painful first half vs Creighton. Down 20 almost halftime. Ouch! It happens....

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Butler knows how we felt last night.....painful first half vs Creighton. Down 20 almost halftime. Ouch! It happens....
    Hopefully they continue to get pounded and we can have a Redemption Bowl on Saturday.

Hate to poke the bear ahead of Sunday...but with tonight's embarrassing home drubbing at the hands of Provi, can Georgetown just put JTIII out to pasture already?

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    We think it's bad here because of Xavier's inability to close out games, but at least Xavier has been competitive in all but one of them for both halves. Did Georgetown even try tonight against Providence?

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    We think it's bad here because of Xavier's inability to close out games, but at least Xavier has been competitive in all but one of them for both halves. Did Georgetown even try tonight against Providence?
    Casual Hoya @CasualHoya
    Georgetown has now lost FIFTEEN consecutive Big East games to teams not named Blue Demons or Red Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Casual Hoya @CasualHoya
    Georgetown has now lost FIFTEEN consecutive Big East games to teams not named Blue Demons or Red Storm.
    I'm pretty certain you just jinxed us. So, on behalf of all of us, thank you. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    The family won them a National Title. Apparently that's the gift that keeps on giving.
    By that logic, Pat Knight and Richard Pitino should have permanent sinecures at IU and Kentucky or Louisville, respectively.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."