Page 78 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
    Texas is 10-18 with Baylor and Kansas still to play. Shaka is on his way to a 20 loss season. Glad he went for the bucks when he did.

Havoc isn't exactly working well in a tougher league, with better opposition. As I've said all along, Carny Basketball doesn't hold up and the flavor of the month eventually goes sour. At the same time, his former place of employment, VCU, is lucky, via two ridiculously miracle finishes, to be second in the crappy A10 behind similar poseur udump. What a garbage league this year.

How long before Shaka gets run and gets hired at, say South Alabama? Over under, I say 2 years.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

San Diego managed to stay within 60 of Gonzaga at home. Moral victory.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    San Diego managed to stay within 60 of Gonzaga at home. Moral victory.
    This isn't aimed at you. I'm merely using your quote as a platform.

Gonzaga is interesting. A normal assessment on them goes something like this....

"They're playing against weaker teams, so it's going to be harder for them to go deep in the NCAA Tournament because they're not used to the strong competition. When they get to the Sweet Sixteen and the Elite Eight, it's gonna be hard for them."

Okay, the first part of that actually makes some sense. The second part of that is borderlined laughable. They're going to struggle in the Elite Eight. WOW!! REALLY?? All eight teams that make the Elite Eight are typically very good. Generally all eight of them struggle. Hell, half of them lose.

Gonzaga has this label as being underachievers. I have to admit that I'm kind of under this impression as well. But, the label really isn't fair. In their 18 consecutive years of making the NCAA Tournament, they've lost as the better seeded team five times, they've won as the better seeded team 14 times, they've won as lower (poorer) seeded team 12 times, and lost as the poorer seeded team (meaning they went as for or farther than their seeded predicted they would go) 13 times.

I mean, that's meeting expectations, isn't it?? I wouldn't call that hugely overachieving, but you can't look at that and say they're consistently underachieving. So, why is everyone (including myself) under this impression that Gonzaga always chokes in March??

I know they lost as a #1 seed in the Round of 32 to Wichita State, and I think that may have something to do with everyone's perception. But, maybe that game said more about Wichita than it did about Gonzaga. That Wichita State team advanced to the Final Four and lost to the eventual national champion by just 3 points, which was the closest game Louisville was in throughout the entire Big East and NCAA Tournament. Furthermore, that Wichita State team was in the midst of a 40 game stretch where the only two games they lost were to the eventual 2013 national champion in the Final Four by just 3 points, and the eventual 2014 national runner up in the NCAA Tournament on a missed last second shot. It's not like that Wichita State team was a bad team. They had three NBA players.

But, yeah, I suppose Gonzaga will struggle when they get to the Elite. Unlike everyone else who simply breezes through it.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Gonzaga has won 5 NCAA Tournament games the last two years. I hear MOR is jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Gonzaga has won 5 NCAA Tournament games the last two years. I hear MOR is jelly.
    As a UC fan, I know I am.

March Madness!!

Technically it starts Monday. Practically it's already underway because we have already had some elimination games. There are currently 336 teams still left who could make the NCAA Tournament, and in theory win the national title, but could see as many as ten teams eliminated today.

http://hoopshd.com/2017/02/25/news-n...rday-feb-25th/

Clemson = Greek Tragedy.

Fun story line...

New Hampshire and UMBC are in double overtime for the second time this season. They're tied for fourth place in the standings, and this is the last game. They'll play each other in the quarterfinals next week, but whoever wins this gets to host it.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    If Albany loses to Hartford, wouldn't that put New Hampshire as the #3 seed?

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Clemson = American Comedy.
    Fixed that for you.