Page 74 of 81 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    I'd just as soon he keep to the golf poncho.

Attachment 2152
    "Is Bob Huggins gonna have to choke a bitch?"
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I don't know what made a stronger impression.

For 37 minutes I think that really was the best I had seen any team play all year. They were not just hanging in with Kansas, but were controlling Kansas and managed to build what appeared to be a comfortable lead to where they could just cruise right in.

That was followed by the final three minutes of play, which would have made the Keystone Cops proud. I credit Kansas, but not as much as I discredit West Virginia.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    What a meltdown by West Virginia. They were up 14 with 2:30 to play.
    But......But.......Bob Thuggins is a Hall of Game Coach!!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

So how good is Gonzaga really? According to KenPom, the difference between #1 Gonzaga and #2 Villanova is approximately the same as the difference between #2 Villanova and #13 Wichita State. Anyone buying that?

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    So how good is Gonzaga really? According to KenPom, the difference between #1 Gonzaga and #2 Villanova is approximately the same as the difference between #2 Villanova and #13 Wichita State. Anyone buying that?
    No.

Gonzaga's effeciency ratings are what they are because it is much easier to be efficient against the teams they're playing. So, the ranking makes sense, but I don't think it necessarily reflects how good Gonzaga is compared to Villanova.

I do believe that Gonzaga is quite good, though.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    No.

Gonzaga's effeciency ratings are what they are because it is much easier to be efficient against the teams they're playing. So, the ranking makes sense, but I don't think it necessarily reflects how good Gonzaga is compared to Villanova.

I do believe that Gonzaga is quite good, though.
    Doesn't KenPom adjust though? I am honestly unclear on how he balances pure efficiency with schedule strength.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Doesn't KenPom adjust though? I am honestly unclear on how he balances pure efficiency with schedule strength.
    Good question and good point. He does adjust it. I have no idea what the adjustment is and think it changes year to year. If you ask him he will explain it to you, and if you're like me he'll confuse the hell out of you before he even gets to his third sentence.

And in other news, Mark Gottfried is now the man who USED to coach at NC State.

Archie?

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Archie?
    Maybe.

Kevin Keatts would be another really good choice. Hell, UNCW is currently better than NC State.

I like Archie, and I know I need to stop thinking of it this way, but when you have twice as much in the way of resources as everyone else in your league then you should be dominating it. So he's not really doing anything that is above expectations. It's just that his predecessor really stunk.
    Last edited by xubrew; 02-16-2017 at 02:28 PM.

When I type Gottfried on my iPhone it auto-corrects to "got fired." Siri knows.