Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980
    I don't think it HELPS, but I think Gonzaga is one of those teams that's played themselves into a situation to where it doesn't really hurt. Whether they lose early in the tournament, or go on a deep run, losing to BYU will fade away into insignificance. They didn't really need it to get onto the #1 or #2 line, which they'll still most likely get if they win the conference tournament.

I just can't believe they lost. To BYU. At home. For the third time in a row.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

My NKU fightin' Norse ending the regular season on fire. 21 wins and currently in 3rd place in the Horizon after beating Valpo. Oakland and Valpo will be the favorites to win the conference tourney, but the way NKU is playing right now, they might be peaking at the right time. Great job by John Brannen in their first year of tournament eligibility.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    They get the #3 seed in the Horizon if Green Bay loses to Detroit. It's more likely they'll get the #4 seed and match up with Wright State in the Horizon quarters.

But to your point, I think John Brannen will be the Horizon Coach of the Year for the job he's done. Young team that's only going to get tougher in future seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    They get the #3 seed in the Horizon if Green Bay loses to Detroit. It's more likely they'll get the #4 seed and match up with Wright State in the Horizon quarters.

But to your point, I think John Brannen will be the Horizon Coach of the Year for the job he's done. Young team that's only going to get tougher in future seasons.
    Yeah, I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if they win the Horizon tourney, but with their youth next year they might end up being the year.

Sophomore
    I feel like things in the tournament get more open each year as the 1 and done era continues on, too much talent spread out, and really confusing results that you don't know what to make much of.

UVA ends up topping UNC by 10 today, stopping their skid, and it looks like Baylor (gag me, I hate that University) is going to top WVU today, though it's still close. This is why I love college basketball compared to the NBA, in the NBA you basically know who's going to the finals before the season even starts. This year I have a guess at a final 4, but it's a crap shoot.