Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    How competitive are practices during the season? I literally have no idea. Are they going pretty hard in drils and scrimmages during the week or is more instructional with some of that mixed in? Usually playing 2 games a week my thought would be the latter but I am positive someone on here knows for sure and I'd love to hear.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    How competitive are practices during the season? I literally have no idea. Are they going pretty hard in drils and scrimmages during the week or is more instructional with some of that mixed in? Usually playing 2 games a week my thought would be the latter but I am positive someone on here knows for sure and I'd love to hear.
    Even if in-season practices are not as competitive (and that's probably somewhat true other than over Christmas break), you can bet they're getting the hell after each other right now. And we're missing Kaiser for that.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Even if in-season practices are not as competitive (and that's probably somewhat true other than over Christmas break), you can bet they're getting the hell after each other right now. And we're missing Kaiser for that.
    Yeah, true.

My question was more of curiosity than any real commentary on how much we will miss Kaiser. I definitely am with others and know what a negative it is at this time.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

No doubt not having him hurts........we are so thin it's scary this year. The only positive spin is that it will get some of the newcomers some minutes the first 4-5 games that they normally might not have seen. Maybe that pays off later in the year....

The lack of depth early this year will give guys like Goodin and Jones lots of court time early in their freshmen year, which will be key in helping them lead the 2017-2018 Muskies to their second straight Final Four! (See what I did there)

Okay that's a super optimistic look at this. Hoping Kaiser is back and healthy soon!
    Last edited by blueblob06; 10-24-2016 at 12:58 PM.

I expect him to uphold the Xavier tradition of "jumping off one foot".
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by blueblob06 View Post
    The lack of depth early this year will give guys like Goodin and Jones lots of court time early in their freshmen year, which will be key in helping them lead the 2017-2018 Muskies to their second straight Final Four! (See what I did there)

Okay that's a super optimistic look at this. Hoping Kaiser is back and healthy soon!
    Goodin was going to get plenty of playing time this year anyway, and Kaiser not playing minutes @ the 3/4 does not have a lot of impact on Goodin at the 1.
    In theory it could provide some minutes for Jones, but indications are likely that he won't play much anyway. Probably means more minutes for guys that were already going to play a decent chunk of minutes.

Sophomore
    Rmvd.
    Last edited by xufan02; 11-01-2016 at 09:31 AM.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    Malcolm Bernard is likely going to be a starter for Xavier until Myles is reinstated. I would expect Kaiser Gates to be back for the Orlando tournament. When Xavier announces injury time lines they generally overshoot if they have concrete answers. Insiders seem to think he will be out a max of three weeks; essentially two weeks now.
    I just found out that Bernard is a lefty. Might have a new favorite player.
    Run the table.

I am surprised if Malcolm would start over PJ Macura or Goodin.