Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Kokrak finished his round today with 3 birdies in his last 4 holes to finish -4 for the day. He's tied for 16th and 4 shots behind Rickie Fowler in the Shell Houston Open.

This was also the event that launched Jim Herman into the Masters last year.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Kokrak finished his round today with 3 birdies in his last 4 holes to finish -4 for the day. He's tied for 16th and 4 shots behind Rickie Fowler in the Shell Houston Open.

This was also the event that launched Jim Herman into the Masters last year.
    The Masters! Ohhh. We got passes a couple years ago, bucket list stuff!

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    The Masters! Ohhh. We got passes a couple years ago, bucket list stuff!
    I was there last year for a practice round. Everyone I saw had a huge grin on their face because, like me, they were having one of the best days of their life. Augusta National is a shrine, a place so pristine you swear the grass isn't real. Golfing heaven.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I was there last year for a practice round. Everyone I saw had a huge grin on their face because, like me, they were having one of the best days of their life. Augusta National is a shrine, a place so pristine you swear the grass isn't real. Golfing heaven.
    I kind of wish we'd been there for a practice round if it meant fewer people. It's funny, but I was more interested in the shrine than the golf.

I don't think Jason is going to Augusta unless he buys a ticket. He's currently tied for 30th, but he's 13 shots off the lead. Sung Kang is on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Not one weed in the place.

If you ever go having not been there before, be advised that it is hillier than it appears on television. And X-man is spot on: it is golfing heaven, especially during springtime when the Masters takes place.
    X A V I E R

Augusta...walk course before they start...get a chair and park it at 16.

Meanwhile, Phil apparently really likes to gamble.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Not one weed in the place.

If you ever go having not been there before, be advised that it is hillier than it appears on television. And X-man is spot on: it is golfing heaven, especially during springtime when the Masters takes place.
    Absolutely! I forget what hole (11 or 13?), but the approach shot was uphill about 90 feet. That's like trying to land a ball on the roof of a 9 story building! My wife set a record on her Fitbit. Like the speed of a tennis ball, TV does NOT do it justice.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Augusta...walk course before they start...get a chair and park it at 16.

Meanwhile, Phil apparently really likes to gamble.
    That is exactly what we did, but with a detour to the #11 green/#12 tee before meandering to the #16 green. We also did a stop early in the stands near the #16 tee to watch the golfers skip their balls across the water to the green. Amazingly, to me at least, probably 75% of them did end their "drives" with a ball on the green. "These guys are good!"
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Smooth 82 for Jason yesterday to move from tied for 11th to MDF. Oh well. At least he got a few bucks for his efforts this weekend.