Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    This week has had scoring more typical of a US Open than the US Open itself two weeks ago.

You golfing guys all know this by heart. But I was reminded this week that there are only 5 guys who have won all 4 majors, the career grand slam.
    That's nuts. Just 5 in all those years.
    But what's really insane, is that Jack and Tiger did it 3 times.

Chasing them is like going for 4,256...and being special if you get 3,000.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Well to be fair, the Masters did not come along until 1934 and the British Open was not a mainstay for many players until AP made a point of it in 1960. Some guys were just plain jinxed (Tom Watson, AP, Snead, Phil). Also the original Grand Slammer was Bobby Jones but included US & British ams which were the more prominent events of the era. It will be a shame if both Rory & Speith cannot complete the career slam, but beyond those two, no other real candidates. Would be miracle for Phil at this point. Rory would be only the second non-American and only European.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

At 321 yds, Jason wins LD at PGA Championship.

Starting in 2019, the PGA Championship will move from August to May - this also means that the Players Championship will move back to its original spot in late March. I gotta think that this will enable a lot more courses in the South to be able to host the PGA Championship now. Conversely, it can also have a ripple effect for tournaments scheduled in the northern US - the Memorial Tournament doesn't take place until the first weekend in June (and anyone from Columbus knows weather for this event is all over the place historically).

Not sure if this means they'll also move up the playoffs to avoid conflicts with NFL/college football, but wouldn't be shocked to see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Starting in 2019, the PGA Championship will move from August to May - this also means that the Players Championship will move back to its original spot in late March. I gotta think that this will enable a lot more courses in the South to be able to host the PGA Championship now. Conversely, it can also have a ripple effect for tournaments scheduled in the northern US - the Memorial Tournament doesn't take place until the first weekend in June (and anyone from Columbus knows weather for this event is all over the place historically).

Not sure if this means they'll also move up the playoffs to avoid conflicts with NFL/college football, but wouldn't be shocked to see it happen.
    I think moving fedex series to end by Labor Day was big part of the overall plan.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    I gotta think that this will enable a lot more courses in the South to be able to host the PGA Championship now.
    I don't think it will make a lick of difference in what courses can host. 100% of locations in the US are available to host the PGA in August. Notice that it's in Charlotte this year, which is pretty damned south.

Congrats to Jason on making the cut!

"Congrats to Jason on making the cut! "

He really needs some $$$ & fedex points to climb the ladder into the playoffs. Made a real bad triple bogey 7 or today would have been special.

No small feat making the cut considering he was +5 through his first 6 holes on Thursday.

As far as the FedEx Cup is concerned, he pretty much has to have a strong finish in the Northern Trust Open (formerly the Barclays) just to be able to get to Round 2 and beyond.

Maybe Jason will get to play with Rory tomorrow.