This Video is AMAZING! 100 Year Anniversary of Georgia Tech 222, Cumberland 0

I've heard of this game before, as I'm sure most of you have, but had only seen the score. The story behind this game is INCREDIBLE. In a nutshell, Cumberland was forced to play it even though they had cancelled the team, and due to bad blood because of what happened in a baseball game Georgia Tech was determined to make it as humiliating as possible. The video is about 18 minutes, but seriously, it is GREAT! Watch it!! Stop what you're doing and watch it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doZzrsDJo-4
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

That was hysterical! And I learned a few things too. Thanks.

Yeah, it's pretty classic, and I knew none of those things. I didn't realize Cumberland was forced to field a team despite the fact that they had dropped the program.

One of the many classic stories in the video is how four different Cumberland players ran away and hid. When a fifth player tried to run away and hide as well, two players who were already hiding behind a fence were afraid he'd blow their cover. So, they threw him back over the fence and he was forced to resume playing.

Seriously, everyone watch the video. It is incredible.
    Last edited by xubrew; 10-07-2016 at 12:17 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

imagine the outrage today and safe spaces that would be needed if this occurred now.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

I wonder if the Cumberland "QB" eventually murdered someone given all the brain damage he apparently sustained that afternoon.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    And to think Cumberland beat Georgia Tech 22-0 in a baseball game where Cumberland used ringers to win. The 222-0 score was no accident.

Were Cumberland's medical bills more than the $3,000 that Georgia Tech was going to bill Cumberland had they cancelled? Georgia Tech basically paid them $500 in what would be a "buy game" today.