I get what and why Kaepernick and Rapinoe are doing and I applaud them by taking a stand, however I disagree and find it very sad that they would do it during the National Anthem. Sad because it seems as if nothing is sacred.

The National Anthem represents Freedom and Liberty and Kaepernick and Rapinoe, and many others feel that their Liberty is being taken awayor short changed and therefore that would be the best time to express themselves. I get that. But in the long run, there will ALWAYS be someone who feels mistreated(rightfully or otherwise), sit during the National Anthem, and disrespect those who have fallen and/or put their lives in danger so that that protester can have the Liberty to shit on them(our servicemen). With that in mind, I still and never will agree that sitting or kneeling during our National Anthem is the proper time or place.

Protesting and standing up against what is wrong is awesome and what makes America great. We become a better/greater nation in the long run.

Owners of the the Washington Spirit are either veterans themselves or have had close friends die in combat.
I do respect the owners of the Washington Spirit that said....

"We decided to play the anthem in our stadium ahead of schedule rather than subject our fans and friends to the disrespect we feel such an act would represent," the Spirit said in a statement. "We understand this may be seen as an extraordinary step, but believe it was the best option to avoid taking focus away from the game on such an important night for our franchise."

"To willingly allow anyone to hijack this tradition that means so much to millions of Americans and so many of our own fans for any cause would effectively be just as disrespectful as doing it ourselves," the Spirit said in the statement.

So what are your thoughts on the subject?