Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MSOC: Men victorious in Home Opener v. Evansville

Link

Rain and lightning couldn't keep the Men from picking up a W in the Home Opener.

Box Score
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    After about 7 weeks on the road, Xavier will finally return to their true home at the XU Soccer Complex tomorrow night with a match against SIU-Edwardsville. Their remaining 2 home matches include a pair of Top 10 teams in Creighton and Butler.

For those who forgot, Xavier had to scramble and play "home" matches at UC, Northern Kentucky and even Walnut Hills HS because of flash flooding that damaged the field back in September.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    After about 7 weeks on the road, Xavier will finally return to their true home at the XU Soccer Complex tomorrow night with a match against SIU-Edwardsville. Their remaining 2 home matches include a pair of Top 10 teams in Creighton and Butler.

For those who forgot, Xavier had to scramble and play "home" matches at UC, Northern Kentucky and even Walnut Hills HS because of flash flooding that damaged the field back in September.
    So, I take it that they rebuilt the field for the soccer complex?

Anyone have any pics?
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    So, I take it that they rebuilt the field for the soccer complex?

Anyone have any pics?
    it looks the exact same, just replaced the field turf

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    it looks the exact same, just replaced the field turf
    Which I believe is covered by insurance. However, I believe this scenario has exacerbated the need for a new venue for the team. You can't have a championship caliber team playing under such circumstances. That's my two cents at least.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post

That's what we did in 2003 when the field turf was well behind schedule being installed. We had home games in Blue Ash, Anderson High School, and UC (beat #13 UMass).

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Which I believe is covered by insurance. However, I believe this scenario has exacerbated the need for a new venue for the team. You can't have a championship caliber team playing under such circumstances. That's my two cents at least.
    I think the venue is fine. Right on campus.....

They got 5 inches of rain in a very short period of time.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I think the venue is fine. Right on campus.....

They got 5 inches of rain in a very short period of time.
    The location is fine. I think he means the facility itself. It's not good.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I'm not sure where (or even IF) renovating/building Olympic sport venues ranks on Xavier's priority list right now. At the very least, I'd think significant improvements won't take place until Cintas renovations are complete.

Now that I think about it, I wonder how Hayden Field came out after the flooding. It's a good thing that this happened during their offseason.

MSOC: Men victorious in Home Opener v. Evansville

Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    The location is fine. I think he means the facility itself. It's not good.
    Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook