Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I read that a move to Miss. State is a possibility. So it makes sense that you would say that. He's been okay as a DC. Good recruiter, though.
    Hes a terrible dc...terrible at georgia, terrible at louisville. He was handed a goldmine when he got to louisville and the defense has gotten worse each year hes been there.

Looks like Louisville and Mississippi State worked out a defensive coordinator trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Hes a terrible dc...terrible at georgia, terrible at louisville. He was handed a goldmine when he got to louisville and the defense has gotten worse each year hes been there.
    They went from the Big East (AAC) to the ACC. It was not unlike our move to Big East basketball. ...and if you think Grantham is bad, just wait until you get a load of what Sirmon puts out on the field. He's a really nice guy, but he is learning on the job.

ACC football still sucks as a whole. Louisville has managed to win 5, 5 and 7 games in its three years without being all that good any of those years (I'm trying to figure out whether they were actually good for 5 or 6 games this year or if it was all just a mirage).

ACC football still sucks as a whole. Louisville has managed to win 5, 5 and 7 games in its three years without being all that good any of those years (I'm trying to figure out whether they were actually good for 5 or 6 games this year or if it was all just a mirage).
    I think it is the best conference going. I thought it was the Big Ten until they laid an egg in the bowls. The SEC had a down year, but I don't think it is a trend.

The ACC was the best conference in football this year. It may not translate to next year because they lose a lot of veteran QBs but they were like 9-3 against the SEC this year and had the best record in the bowl games.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUglow View Post
    They went from the Big East (AAC) to the ACC. It was not unlike our move to Big East basketball. ...and if you think Grantham is bad, just wait until you get a load of what Sirmon puts out on the field. He's a really nice guy, but he is learning on the job.
    I dont know anything about sirmon but trust me grantham sucks...i saw it firsthand as a season ticket holder. The guy couldnt stop kentucky for christsakes. The talent that grantham wss handed to him by charlie strong was absurd and once that talent left, granthams coaching skills were on full display.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    The ACC was the best conference in football this year.
    I don't know. I watched Louisville win 7 of its 8 games against ACC foes but get annihilated by Houston and LSU and lose at home to fucking Kentucky. BC, UVA, Syracuse, NC State, Duke and Wake make up 6 league games on the Louisville schedule, and they are all not good.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUglow View Post
    I think it is the best conference going. I thought it was the Big Ten until they laid an egg in the bowls. The SEC had a down year, but I don't think it is a trend.
    I cant get behind that bowl records mean anything except the ones for the playoffs...the rest? I really dont think a lot of players give a crap...its an overhyped exhibition game.

With that said, overall i think the acc may have been the best this year. Either them or yhr big ten most likely...sec was definitely down bjt that wont last long

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I cant get behind that bowl records mean anything except the ones for the playoffs...the rest? I really dont think a lot of players give a crap...its an overhyped exhibition game.

With that said, overall i think the acc may have been the best this year. Either them or yhr big ten most likely...sec was definitely down bjt that wont last long
    agreed, really can't put too much weight on any of the non-playoff bowl games. They don't mean a whole lot, and the players know it.