Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

College Football 2016

Oh, yeah it begins with this.

You know, all those Notre Dame Irish are choir boys. Great recruiting of quality humans Coach Kelly.

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Not...390783811.html
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Oh, yeah it begins with this.

You know, all those Notre Dame Irish are choir boys. Great recruiting of quality humans Coach Kelly.

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Not...390783811.html
    Ugh, can't defend anything here. Too bad, Redfield and Coney have talent.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

The weed guys will be fine. The guy who decided to tackle a cop is probably done.

Five outta six ain't bad...

86%, I like those odds!!

The season has officially started. I know it was Cal v Hawaii, but it was a regular season game, and we are underway.

The FCS kicks off this afternoon with the least intriguing FCS Kickoff Game since they began doing the FCS Kickoff game.

Cal and Hawaii played in Australia. Most Americans don't realize this, but American Football really is slow and kind of boring to the rest of the world. Most of the time the clock is running the ball is not even in play. They spend close to 50 minutes of the 60 minute clock deciding what play to run next, and then getting ready to run the play. When the ball is in play, it's only for a few seconds at a time. In Australian Football, which really is A LOT of fun to watch, the ball is almost always in play, and play goes for minutes at a time without stopping. The fans at the game were probably bored stiff. But, it was a college football game, and it did count, and the season has begun!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    The season has officially started. I know it was Cal v Hawaii, but it was a regular season game, and we are underway.

The FCS kicks off this afternoon with the least intriguing FCS Kickoff Game since they began doing the FCS Kickoff game.

Cal and Hawaii played in Australia. Most Americans don't realize this, but American Football really is slow and kind of boring to the rest of the world. Most of the time the clock is running the ball is not even in play. They spend close to 50 minutes of the 60 minute clock deciding what play to run next, and then getting ready to run the play. When the ball is in play, it's only for a few seconds at a time. In Australian Football, which really is A LOT of fun to watch, the ball is almost always in play, and play goes for minutes at a time without stopping. The fans at the game were probably bored stiff. But, it was a college football game, and it did count, and the season has begun!
    Isn't Australian football just rugby???

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Similar but no, different sports.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    They are two completely different games. Aussie Football 22 players on the field for each team, and the field is about twice as big. In Rugby, you have to lateral the ball or kick it forward, but if you kick it forward everyone on your team has to be behind you when you when you do it. In Aussie football you can kick it or punch it to to a teammate who's down field and it's not offsides. Also in Aussie football you can't run more than fifteen yards without giving the ball up, which is why you see guys dribbling it as if it were a basketball every fifteen yards. In rugby, like in football, one player can run down the entire field if they want to. There are no kickoffs in Aussie football. After a score, it is basically a jump ball at midfield. And, the scoring is way different. In rugby, there is an endzone similar to football. In Aussie football, the idea is to kick it through the goal, and you can do so from any part of the field, so it's normal for both teams to score close to a hundred points because each goal is worth six points. If a defender touches the ball as it is going through the goal, or if the person trying to kick the goal misses to the right or left, it's called a behind, and is only worth one point.

And, in Aussie football, when the ball goes out of bounds, the referees just pretty much aimlessly just throw it back in. So, play never really stops until someone scores.

But, to the point, if someone is used to watching either rugby or aussie football, American football will probably seem incredibly boring to them.
    Last edited by xubrew; 08-27-2016 at 04:46 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Most Americans don't realize this, but American Football really is slow and kind of boring to the rest of the world.
    Most of the world thinks soccer is an exciting sport, so forgive me if I'm not going to take their opinion on the liveliness of American Football too seriously.
    Mom and Papa told me "Son, you gotta go to school; only way to make the fam'ly proud."
    I paid no attention, left my books at home, rather play my music real loud.