Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Class of 2020

Junior
    He has a Masters and a CPA, how about Mr 82 telling him to get a job. Then work on the MBA.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    He has a Masters and a CPA, how about Mr 82 telling him to get a job. Then work on the MBA.
    Yep. I’ve got to ask, though. If he’s already got his CPA and MBA, what’s the area of study for the new MBA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

He’s working full time with a large CPA firm in a smaller segment that out-sources CFO’s to medium size firms going through transitions. We spent a fortune on his brother, which we don’t regret for a second. Long story there. It won’t kill us, and it’s only fair, but he should feel the weight of it for a little while. It will help him grow without too much long term burden. That’s today’s thought, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Yep. I’ve got to ask, though. If he’s already got his CPA and MBA, what’s the area of study for the new MBA?

The Masters is in accounting, not an MBA. He wants a broader base to work from, which makes sense. It’s not an MBA. My wife is at a pretty high level at one of the largest banks in the country (and a pretty big global player). She tells him “I don’t even look at finance or accounting majors, you need to be a step above”. He’s a super hard worker, and it comes to him without too much difficulty, so it works.

The tuition bubble has to burst at some point. Prospective students and their parents will decide it’s just not financially viable.

That’s certainly a real possibility. Another possibility is that it helps to perpetuate the great divide that we are seeing between the “haves” and the “have nots”. I sincerely hope that we can find a balance.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    That’s certainly a real possibility. Another possibility is that it helps to perpetuate the great divide that we are seeing between the “haves” and the “have nots”. I sincerely hope that we can find a balance.
    This.
    X A V I E R

Junior
    Today's Xavier is a school I could have never hoped to attend. It was pretty much an everyman school 68-72. Now it's approaching a 2% school. It's sad that tuition has exploded, and the bubble has to pop at some point.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I'm not sure on this. I actually see some trade jobs especially in plumbing, electrical work that dont require college and can provide a great life because no one has a clue how to do this stuff or has time on their own anymore and it is only going to get worse.

I think those jobs are only going to increase in pay....I know that in louisville kentucky, those jobs are paying well into the six figures which is way above the middle class here.

I guess it depends on your perspective of have and have nots though.

Today's Xavier is a school I could have never hoped to attend. It was pretty much an everyman school 68-72. Now it's approaching a 2% school. It's sad that tuition has exploded, and the bubble has to pop at some point.
    You can attend Xavier for about 10K more per year than you would pay at UC, OU, Miami etc.......that's with what I would consider a decent ACT score and good HS grades. They have to be somewhat competitive........

The tuition bubble has to burst at some point. Prospective students and their parents will decide it’s just not financially viable.

It will. Luckily, my daughter received a full ride next fall......it is at UK, though, so I'm a little sad, but my wallet says I'll be okay.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!