Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Class of 2020

Class of 2020

I had the opportunity to attend a Freshman Send-Off last night here in Indianapolis. For those unfamiliar, XU hosts send-off dinners where incoming students gather with their families, other incoming students, representatives from X, and Alum to mingle and learn about Freshman year.

I won't bore you with a play by play. But I walked out of there with a renewed spirit and pride in Xavier. There's a good chunk of me that wishes I was going to Manresa next week on August 18, and getting pizza from the Pizza ATM.

All that to say, good luck to the Class of 2020 and welcome to the Xavier family!

--
    Interesting Tidbits I didn't know:

Husman is now a Freshman only dorm.
    All-Card's now act as a key to get into most buildings on Campus (including dorms - excluding Buenger)
    The price of losing a key to Buenger has doubled in the 18 years since I lived there. It's now $50 for a replacement key.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

My niece is attending next year and will be in Husman. I have promised not to stand outside her window shouting her name before and after games and to ignore her if I see her in the student ticket line. I am not sure I can keep this promise. Too much potential embarrassment to let it go......
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

The Baltimore/DC send-off was also last night. My youngest brother (class of 2020, middle brother '16 alum) attended.

My family has hosted the send-off for the past 3 years but unfortunately were unable to this year. Hopefully we'll get it going again next year.

I think they changed Husman to Freshman only because now you can have Sophomores in Commons due to the University Station Apartments being up and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    The price of losing a key to Buenger has doubled in the 18 years since I lived there. It's now $50 for a replacement key.
    Graduated in 2010 and it was $50 for a replacement key to Kuhlman back in 2006/2007. Seems like they've made some great enhancements in the last couple of years!

In my day, the price of the Brock - Freshman Year - was probably about $50 a month. The key was this interesting looking metal thing that was actually....a key.

Of course, for that handsome fee, you got an all male dorm, community bathrooms, no A/C, and stale, sticky beer from Hudepohl kegs sticking to the floor of Mother Tuckers and then onward to your palatial room from there.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    In my day, the price of the Brock - Freshman Year - was probably about $50 a month. The key was this interesting looking metal thing that was actually....a key.

Of course, for that handsome fee, you got an all male dorm, community bathrooms, no A/C, and stale, sticky beer from Hudepohl kegs sticking to the floor of Mother Tuckers and then onward to your palatial room from there.

Ahh, the memories....

Seemed great at the time, I would consider it cruel and unusual now.

I think you missed the point of this thread bud... hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreX View Post
    The Baltimore/DC send-off was also last night. My youngest brother (class of 2020, middle brother '16 alum) attended.

My family has hosted the send-off for the past 3 years but unfortunately were unable to this year. Hopefully we'll get it going again next year.
    My parents put two of us through X, but that was way back then. I’d hate to think of what that would cost now!

I thought we were done with tuition, but our youngest just got accepted into Georgia Tech and Emory for an MBA. (Has undergrad finance and accounting from FSU, plus a Masters in accounting and CPA, all paid for.) Emory is higher rated, and his favorite, so there’s another $80k. Mrs ‘82 told him to go look into student loans. We’ll let him start that way to feel some pain, but then I’m sure cover it for him.

A local billionaire just made news at the Morehouse College graduation when he volunteered to pay off everyone’s student debt! Awesome move, but I bet some folks wish they hadn’t sacrificed so much in the present to make it possible! Ouch!
    Last edited by xu82; 05-27-2019 at 05:26 PM.

The tuition bubble has to burst at some point. Prospective students and their parents will decide it’s just not financially viable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.