Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Scruggs

Paul Scruggs

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Fair...if you care about all that. He'll either sign with Xavier or he won't, though, and we'll see his LOI on the same day.
    For the record, I don't really care about whether I know a guy is probably committing before most do. But, it is pretty cool to see how the process played out where some recruits end up coming to Xavier while others don't. Because 247Sports is so clueless relative to other services about WHERE a highly rated recruit is going, I don't trust them to be too good on the how and why.

And recruiting is really tertiary for why I like Scout.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Does Scout automatically renew? I'm not too cheap to sign up, I'm too lazy. I hate to have one more thing that I sign up for that keeps charging me long after I've stopped using it. (At least I'm self aware and being honest!)

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Does Scout automatically renew? I'm not too cheap to sign up, I'm too lazy. I hate to have one more thing that I sign up for that keeps charging me long after I've stopped using it. (At least I'm self aware and being honest!)
    Yes but they notify you. And currently they are running a deal. I think it's three months free if you sign up for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Yes but they notify you. And currently they are running a deal. I think it's three months free if you sign up for a year.
    Thanks, worth a shot. I got Sports Illustrated for a couple decades more than I wanted, and I can't even count how many gyms I've funded without attending. I find the recruiting stuff to be interesting, but I'd hate to have to sell those kids and their families! God bless our coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    The recruiting staff has done an outstanding job with these prospects. Seems like we're in on everybody. The Big East has been a huge factor imho. The recruits/dads know and have followed the teams in our league. We are getting guys recruited by the powerhouses of CBB.. Big difference when recruit hears from "Coach Mack from the Big East" rather than "Mack from the A10".
    Don't ever, EVVVVVVVERRRR discount the value of coaching staff stability. It is truly amazing in retrospect, what X has been able to do with 5 coaching changes in 30 years.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Thanks, worth a shot. I got Sports Illustrated for a couple decades more than I wanted, and I can't even count how many gyms I've funded without attending. I find the recruiting stuff to be interesting, but I'd hate to have to sell those kids and their families! God bless our coaches.
    Hey look, it's me your long lost son, send money.

Paul Scruggs

Rick's analysis and video breakdowns during the season are fantastic. He provides great info from practices too, especially during the preseason. All together, it produces a highly intelligent basketball discussion. If you take advantage of the deal, you're joining up at a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Rick's analysis and video breakdowns during the season are fantastic. He provides great info from practices too, especially during the preseason. All together, it produces a highly intelligent basketball discussion. If you take advantage of the deal, you're joining up at a good time.

I'll second this. I think I've said this before on here but I'll echo it anyway. Scout/Rick definitely have a stigma as being a recruiting site, which they do a GREAT job of covering, but it's all the other insight into the program that Rick gets and posts that really makes it worth the price IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalmers0 View Post
    I'll second this. I think I've said this before on here but I'll echo it anyway. Scout/Rick definitely have a stigma as being a recruiting site, which they do a GREAT job of covering, but it's all the other insight into the program that Rick gets and posts that really makes it worth the price IMO.
    He also just sent out a promotion running through Thursday for membership the rest of this year for the price of one month ($10)...

Quote Originally Posted by XU3232 View Post
    He also just sent out a promotion running through Thursday for membership the rest of this year for the price of one month ($10)...
    I think my cheap self might finally sign up with that promotion.