Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Scruggs

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    He visited IU for 5 hours Monday, X Friday-Sunday. He had a visit scheduled to MSU but his coach said it was canceled. Illinois and Uconn are scheduled for September. Hoping we can get a commitment before he takes those visits. I think we have a really good shot at landing a commitment from him this week, but he may play out the visits first.

Also one of the guys who covers Indiana hoops predicted Scruggs would go to X following his visit to Indiana lol
    Yeah as I understand it a lot of schools have backed off him because they think he's going to X. He may want to take other visits just because they're fun to take, even if he's already made up his mind. I think the fact that he followed everyone at Xavier following his visit and didn't do that with IU is a good sign, but it's still meaningless. Maybe he wanted to sleep on things for a few days or maybe he wants to let the process play out, but regardless X seems to be in great shape currently.

Junior
    If he commits to X, the fans back home in Indy will make his life tough because they all believe everyone in Indiana is born wanting to wear those stupid clown pants and play for IU. Here's hoping he follows Bluiett, and picks X.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    If he commits to X, the fans back home in Indy will make his life tough because they all believe everyone in Indiana is born wanting to wear those stupid clown pants and play for IU. Here's hoping he follows Bluiett, and picks X.
    It happens all the time. Indy has a crazy amount of HS talent coming out, too much to all stay there. Especially when the best players find better places to land for college. Like Trevon, I'm hoping that's the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    It happens all the time. Indy has a crazy amount of HS talent coming out, too much to all stay there. Especially when the best players find better places to land for college. Like Trevon, I'm hoping that's the case here.
    And when IU's coach is Tom Crean

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    I think we will know soon
    This.

Recruitments like these are why scout.com membership is worth it, as Scruggs has been discussed at length, including the likelihood as to how this is going to play out.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by kyxu View Post
    This.

Recruitments like these are why scout.com membership is worth it, as Scruggs has been discussed at length, including the likelihood as to how this is going to play out.
    I'd like to believe that Scout and 247Sports are on the same page with this.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by kyxu View Post
    This.

Fair...if you care about all that. He'll either sign with Xavier or he won't, though, and we'll see his LOI on the same day.

Paul Scruggs

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I'd like to believe that Scout and 247Sports are on the same page with this.
    Lol it took 247 a long time to get on that page.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yeah, but I mean they do have like 17/19 people predicting that he's going to choose X. That's gotta be worth something.

The recruiting staff has done an outstanding job with these prospects. Seems like we're in on everybody. The Big East has been a huge factor imho. The recruits/dads know and have followed the teams in our league. We are getting guys recruited by the powerhouses of CBB.. Big difference when recruit hears from "Coach Mack from the Big East" rather than "Mack from the A10".
    2023 Sweet 16