Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Scruggs

Paul Scruggs

Scruggs just finished his visit to X. Hopefully X gets more good news in recruiting.

http://www.scout.com/player/185132-paul-scruggs

Well, this got me all excited, then the link was mostly IU talk, which threw some cold water on me. FINGERS CROSSED! I love good news! Bring it on....

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Well, this got me all excited, then the link was mostly IU talk, which threw some cold water on me. FINGERS CROSSED! I love good news! Bring it on....
    If 247Sports is to believed, even the IU guys expect Scruggs to go with the Muskies. I like our odds on this link: http://247sports.com/Player/Paul-Scruggs-33970.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Fingers crossed, this would possibly be the best recruiting class X has ever had if Scruggs signs right??

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Fingers crossed, this would possibly be the best recruiting class X has ever had if Scruggs signs right??
    Yes. And could be even better when all is said and done.

Would've liked to see him commit this weekend but I don't think we should worry that he didn't. This class would probably be our best ever if we get Scruggs or Wilkes, and honestly still could be even if we don't. Exciting times.

Let me preface this by saying I fully realize it means nothing, but it's the summer so I'm going to speculate regardless. Scruggs followed the entire Xavier team and staff on Twitter following his visit. What makes this a little more interesting is the fact that he only follows 90 people, 8 of which are now from Xavier, and none of which are from Indiana or other schools. Makes you wonder if he made up his mind this weekend, but once again, just meaningless summer speculation.
    Last edited by MuskieXU; 08-07-2016 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskieXU View Post
    Would've liked to see him commit this weekend but I don't think we should worry that he didn't. This class would probably be our best ever if we get Scruggs or Wilkes, and honestly still could be even if we don't. Exciting times.

Let me preface this by saying I fully realize it means nothing, but it's the summer so I'm going to speculate regardless. Scruggs followed the entire Xavier team and staff on Twitter following his visit. What makes this a little more interesting is the fact that he only follows 90 people, 8 of which are now from Xavier, and none of which are from Indiana or other schools. Makes you wonder if he made up his mind this weekend, but once again, just meaningless summer speculation.
    Has he visited anywhere else yet?? Could be that playing in as a factor. Not to be a debbie downer or anything!

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Has he visited anywhere else yet?? Could be that playing in as a factor. Not to be a debbie downer or anything!
    EVERYBODY wants this kid! Cut list to 8 a few weeks ago. Visited IU and X this week and sez he will visit MSU, Illinois and UConn
    2023 Sweet 16

He visited IU for 5 hours Monday, X Friday-Sunday. He had a visit scheduled to MSU but his coach said it was canceled. Illinois and Uconn are scheduled for September. Hoping we can get a commitment before he takes those visits. I think we have a really good shot at landing a commitment from him this week, but he may play out the visits first.

Also one of the guys who covers Indiana hoops predicted Scruggs would go to X following his visit to Indiana lol
    Last edited by XMuskieFTW; 08-07-2016 at 07:51 PM.

I think we will know soon
    Zip'em Up!