Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Naji Marshall

Some have him as a tall 2 guard, some sites have him as a small forward. Either way, looks like we are creating a 'Nova 2.0. A bunch of good players 6'4 to 6'7 that can shoot. I am not sure where Ridder fits in with Naji though.

Quote Originally Posted by SC in DC View Post
    Made it official!! Go Muskies!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Some have him as a tall 2 guard, some sites have him as a small forward. Either way, looks like we are creating a 'Nova 2.0. A bunch of good players 6'4 to 6'7 that can shoot. I am not sure where Ridder fits in with Naji though.
    Naji and Ridder are really completely different players. Naji is very versatile, can handle the ball, facilitate, score, etc. while Ridder is right now mostly a spot up shooter. Ridder is an excellent shooter with good size though who will be able to space the floor.

Sophomore
    So Elias Harden tweeted his announcement with the number 4 (Sumner's current number) and Naji with 5 (Bluiett's) current number. So seems they have been told both will be gone.

But more importantly, all we need is a number 1 to have a possible 1-5 starting five.

2: Eddie Ekiyor
    3: Quentin Goodin
    4: Elias Harden
    5: Naji Marshall

Maybe Kris Wilkes will want it?

This has been one hell of a week... Naji is a great get. Bring on Scruggs now!

Can Harden and/or Marshall handle the ball at all or will that be strickly a Goodin job. We will need another PG after next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Can Harden and/or Marshall handle the ball at all or will that be strickly a Goodin job. We will need another PG after next year.
    Marshall has shown this summer specifically that he can handle the ball and run point if need be. He's a pretty good passer for how tall and big he is. I think Mack will look to get another PG so that it wouldn't come to this. But I think they'd be fine either way

Naji

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Naji and Ridder are really completely different players. Naji is very versatile, can handle the ball, facilitate, score, etc. while Ridder is right now mostly a spot up shooter. Ridder is an excellent shooter with good size though who will be able to space the floor.
    Yup, those two can complement each other nicely. Keep in mind also that Mack is moving more to a small-ball lineup. It would be easy to put out a lineup with Ridder, Marshall, and Harden.

I love Marshall's versatility with his handle, passing, and rebounding ability.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Yup, those two can complement each other nicely. Keep in mind also that Mack is moving more to a small-ball lineup. It would be easy to put out a lineup with Ridder, Marshall, and Harden.

I love Marshall's versatility with his handle, passing, and rebounding ability.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Is this something Mack said? Because I think it had much more to do with personnel last year. I see much more of a traditional starting lineup this year with a 6'8 gates who can stretch it a bit, along with a big man in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    So Elias Harden tweeted his announcement with the number 4 (Sumner's current number) and Naji with 5 (Bluiett's) current number. So seems they have been told both will be gone.

But more importantly, all we need is a number 1 to have a possible 1-5 starting five.

2: Eddie Ekiyor
    3: Quentin Goodin
    4: Elias Harden
    5: Naji Marshall

Maybe Kris Wilkes will want it?
    I think it's their high school numbers. I wouldn't read that much into it. That being said, those two probably will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post
    Marshall has shown this summer specifically that he can handle the ball and run point if need be. He's a pretty good passer for how tall and big he is. I think Mack will look to get another PG so that it wouldn't come to this. But I think they'd be fine either way
    As I stated in the other thread, the staff is recruiting Paul to play PG.