Xavier Assst. Kate Achter Hired as HC at Loyola

I heard her speak a chalk talk last year after one of the games and thought she was excellent. Good luck to her!

Loyola has hired Kate Achter as its women's basketball coach.

The university announced the hiring Tuesday. Achter served as an assistant at Xavier last season and was the team's recruiting coordinator. Before that, she was an assistant at St. Bonaventure for five years.

Achter, 30, replaces Sheryl Swoopes, who was let go July 3 following a 2 1/2-month investigation into allegations that she mistreated players. Many of Loyola's players have left the program over the past two years, while Swoopes went 31-62 after being hired in 2013.

Achter starred at Bowling Green, graduating in 2008. She helped the Falcons win four straight Mid-American Conference titles and make three NCAA tournament appearances during her playing career, highlighted by a Sweet 16 berth in 2007.
    Zip'em Up!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Best of luck to Achter - that's got to be tough going into what had become a pretty volatile situation at Loyola.

Congrats to her. Sheryl Swoopes's insanity is Achter's gain!

Yeah, this is a fine move for Loyola...and Kate. She's a Chicago gal and gets to come home. Hopefully she can build the program up. My Loyola Grad daughter and my 3 Loyola Grandaughter offspring would love it!

Swoopes was a disaster. Another example of those who do, can't necessarily teach.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell