Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sophomore
    I pay for Scout because I love the podcast and anything after that is just extra.

Sophomore
    It just depends on the kind of information you want. Some people only care about recruiting after someone commits. That's fine. Other people want to know who we're talking to and where guys are in their decision process. That's fine too. There are multiple names Xavier is close to that have never been mentioned on this board.

As far as analysis goes, Rick is really, really good. His video breakdowns after games last year were worth the subscription for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I pay for Scout because I love the podcast and anything after that is just extra.
    The podcast is free isn't it? Or is there another podcast outside of Dana & Victory?

Sophomore
    The podcast is free. I'm not sure it's advertised that way, but the link is public.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    The podcast is free. I'm not sure it's advertised that way, but the link is public.
    Yea, I was listening to it for free but enjoyed them so much I felt it was worth it to get the subscription even if only to support the podcast.

$100 is a little high for me too. Got enough tuition bills
    Zip'em Up!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    It just depends on the kind of information you want. Some people only care about recruiting after someone commits. That's fine. Other people want to know who we're talking to and where guys are in their decision process. That's fine too. There are multiple names Xavier is close to that have never been mentioned on this board.

As far as analysis goes, Rick is really, really good. His video breakdowns after games last year were worth the subscription for me.
    I pay the monthly fee for Scout, and this sums it up perfectly for me. I completely understand those who don't care to pay. I enjoy it for the ebbs and flows and learning about what's going on. Mostly, I enjoy it as a "soap opera" to keep me entertained but I also like the behind-the-curtains look into what all goes into running a program. During the season, Rick's analysis is fantastic and the best recap and breakdown of Xavier basketball I have found.

That said, I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to justify the fee.

I get all my recruiting information from Go and MadX.

I'm getting exactly what I've paid for.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    $100 is a little high for me too. Got enough tuition bills
    How about those $300 text books? What a racket!

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    The podcast is free isn't it? Or is there another podcast outside of Dana & Victory?
    So... I noticed today that Rick Broering has a new podcast out, but it's not at the normal link. Have they moved it behind a pay wall? That's okay if so, but I just wondered if any others noticed this. The link I usually use does not show the new episode, out today (7/26/16).