Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Open carry is a fine law. But I do want to see which fools think they need to open carry in the US. Hahahaha. It's sheer absurdity that anyone of any color thinks they need to open carry anywhere in the US. Sheer politics. Persons that will actually kill someone don't open carry.
    https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/stat...08273375375360

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/clevelan...inkId=26649393

Cleveland police union calls for open-carry ban during Republican convention

Stupid.

There are areas around the convention where a person can carry a gun but is not permitted to have a water gun, a metal-tipped umbrella, or some whole fruits. Yeah, those oranges are flat-out dangerous. Our country is totally screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Uh, using Chicago example may not have been your best move. You know, home of Barack Obama, Mayor being Rahm Emanuel and run by the Democrats since, errrr, the Dinosaurs? Since Mr. Obama and the Dems love to play the politics of division, maybe he should highlight the issues in his own hometown, like, you know, multiple murders of Blacks by Blacks every week, the inability to get gangs under control, all the while in a place with some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country. Somehow, Barry conveniently never wants to address the whole Chicago problem.

But let's just perpetrate that narrative that Chicago has a "Policiing problem" while ignoring the whole big picture. Naw, no "Thugs" anywhere around Chicago, right? But the ultimate fact is that if there is a "policing problem" it has been fostered and pepetuated by a Democrat administration while the city burns.
    The "whole picture" being that Chicago is a half hour drive from Indiana?

Quote Originally Posted by mohr5150 View Post
    There are areas around the convention where a person can carry a gun but is not permitted to have a water gun, a metal-tipped umbrella, or some whole fruits. Yeah, those oranges are flat-out dangerous. Our country is totally screwed up.
    Yet if this was the DNC, no one would be concerned. Wonder why...? Maybe some people just have a level head and others, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Uh, using Chicago example may not have been your best move. You know, home of Barack Obama, Mayor being Rahm Emanuel and run by the Democrats since, errrr, the Dinosaurs? Since Mr. Obama and the Dems love to play the politics of division, maybe he should highlight the issues in his own hometown, like, you know, multiple murders of Blacks by Blacks every week, the inability to get gangs under control, all the while in a place with some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country. Somehow, Barry conveniently never wants to address the whole Chicago problem.

But let's just perpetrate that narrative that Chicago has a "Policiing problem" while ignoring the whole big picture. Naw, no "Thugs" anywhere around Chicago, right? But the ultimate fact is that if there is a "policing problem" it has been fostered and pepetuated by a Democrat administration while the city burns.
    Quote Originally Posted by muskienick View Post
    MOR, you are unaware that Chicago is home to an offspring of KC4X and a grandchild of mine. It just so happens that child/grandchild of ours was beaten by some Chitown cops simply for witnessing a portion of a protest BY OTHERS. There was an arrest made and medical help for injuries suffered in that arrest was denied until the following morning when that arrestee was sent (shackled) to the hospital! That happened less than a week prior to KC4X's posting (above). Hence, you might want to cut some slack for the use of Chicago's PD as a reasonable example to use in this thread, especially since "police" in its title is not specific as to jurisdiction!
    Thanks, Dad.

My point is that people seem to refuse to acknowledge the issues if they don't directly witness them. Trust me, I hope you never do, MOR! The egregiousness may never hit home for some, though.

It's more than a rogue cop here and there in some cities. Of course there are crime issues in Chicago... that doesn't give the police the right to abuse their power!!! My college grad is small and the initial officer that attacked was over 6' tall and strong, then at least 2 others joined in! Even if there was wrong-doing (WHICH THERE WASN'T), they did NOT have to use such force! There are other things that happened that I won't get into because I'm afraid for my child's safety! How is this OK and not a police problem??? It's NOT an isolated incident in Chicago. They don't limit their corruption and brutality to criminals, but, even if they did, it would still be wrong. I bet Mr. Wilson would agree with that, too.

And, by the way since you brought it up, there have been many protests in Chicago calling for Raum to step down, etc. Nobody claimed the administration isn't contributing to the issues. That is completely beside the point. Police issues exist. Period. That needs to be addressed just as crime, education, lack of jobs and opportunities in poor areas, etc. Crime issues don't excuse bad police behavior. It's important to acknowledge the issue.

I respect the police as a whole, as does my child. But we need to speak out and STRONGLY admonish officers and hold them accountable when they abuse their power. If officers have to resort to police brutality, they are in the wrong line of work.

If I was black and I saw black men shot all the time on TV, I would be pissed too. The statistics don't get to most people. I understand the anger.

Are some cops corrupt? Sure. So are some Priests, bankers, lawyers, and gulp...politicians. It would be great to get rid of corrupt people in every walk of life.

The Black Community has many problems. Being systematically hunted down by police isn't one of them. It is a myth.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick