Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Did you not notice how low his basketball IQ is over the last 3 years? Not surprised at all.
    Exactly...athleticism high - basketball skill and general basketball IQ low.

Stainbrook would eat him alive in the post.

All-Conference
    And how is providing an honest opinion of his basketball skills being negative? No one has attacked him personally. All have given their thoughts on his strengths and weaknesses.

And I can promise you this...he's heard of all this before from people that matter.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    I love the kid and he seems to be a good person when it comes down to it. With Jalen, it's purely mental. I have heard he did some unbelievable things in practice, so he has the physical tools. Some guys figure it out and some guys don't. I wish him well. He will make money playing basketball somewhere.
    It's more than mental. You have to do more than jump high to play in the NBA.

His offensive post moves are non-existent...I take that back, he has one over the shoulder hook. That's it. His footwork skill is far below that of a 3 year post player. As others have noted, O'Mara has made greater strides in one year in terms of offensive skill set in the post.

He is a liability on defense. He doesn't just have a "propensity" to foul...he's a foul machine. When he's not fouling on the ball from poor footwork, and defensive intelligence, his help side efficiency is not good either. He's not smart with defensive rotations, and is often out of position off the ball.

His jump shot is OK. He's shown some touch from 15 feet. Honestly, he should have used it more to round out his offensive game, but hasn't utlizied it enough for it to be a threat.

His basketball IQ and the ability to keep composed is not good. We've all seen the consequences of that.

I love Jalen too...but what part of this equals NBA player?

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    It's more than mental. You have to do more than jump high to play in the NBA.

His offensive post moves are non-existent...I take that back, he has one over the shoulder hook. That's it. His footwork skill is far below that of a 3 year post player. As others have noted, O'Mara has made greater strides in one year in terms of offensive skill set in the post.

He is a liability on defense. He doesn't just have a "propensity" to foul...he's a foul machine. When he's not fouling on the ball from poor footwork, and defensive intelligence, his help side efficiency is not good either. He's not smart with defensive rotations, and is often out of position off the ball.

His jump shot is OK. He's shown some touch from 15 feet. Honestly, he should have used it more to round out his offensive game, but hasn't utlizied it enough for it to be a threat.

His basketball IQ and the ability to keep composed is not good. We've all seen the consequences of that.

I love Jalen too...but what part of this equals NBA player?
    The center from the Clippers a guy named Deandre Jordan, pretty much just dunks and cannot make freethrows and he just paid big time. I think Jalen has the physical tools that rival a lot of NBA players. I still believe it's between the ears w/ Jalen (mental, Basketball IQ, composure). It's all part off it.
    Zip'em Up!

Save a few posts, this thread appears to already be devolving into a choice between over-the-top critique of Jalen's game and cheerleaderesque support of Jalen.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

An alarming amount of posts in this thread seem to be confusing NBA Summer League with making an NBA roster. I don't even remotely expect Jalen to make an NBA roster but I am extremely shocked he didn't find a summer league team.

Kenny Frease played in the summer league twice I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Save a few posts, this thread appears to already be devolving into a choice between over-the-top critique of Jalen's game and cheerleaderesque support of Jalen.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I don't think Jalen is an NBA player. He's athletic but lacks some basketball skills. That said, he was a productive player for X and was a key player on a top ten team last year. So I agree with you on some of the over-the top criticism on this thread. He averaged 9.6 ppg and 6.5 rebounds per game last year. He was a good albeit not great player.

More importantly, Antoine Walker once worth over $100 Million is bankrupt after spending all his money.
    What will Jalen do after knees go bad?
    Hope he has a good manager like do what David West did. Live below means, be smart with money allowing so many choices for future.

All-Conference
    The people overinflating are the ones that think he should be on a team.

There's much proof to that...mostly that HE DIDN'T MAKE A TEAM...draft or summer league. Doesn't that tell you all you need to know?

It's over the top...yet the reality is smacking you right in the face.

???????????????????????

For everyone who said he was going to average a double/double this year... He didn't even average a single double. I wish him well, but stating facts is not a criticism. The NBA is not for average college players, it's for the elite. He will follow other X players overseas and should make a decent amount of money. Hopefully he has a good agent/money manager to help him save it.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens