Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    He's one of US. A Xavier grad. Agree with Xavier J......cmon Jalen!
    Yeah, what's up with this board? He graduated from X and played 3 really good years here. No need to talk shit as he gets ready for the next phase in his life.

The draft was 3 days ago, summer league negotiations just started. I'd be shocked if he isn't on a summer league roster.

One of the worst things about this board is how posters get so negative towards players who leave early. Though in Jalens case, he's pretty old and it was a no brainer.

Nobody wants Jalen ?

Here's the thing. I'm not trying to "be negative" toward him. I'm just trying to be real. I don't think he's an NBA talent. And I don't think he'll make "a lot" of money overseas, either. Mainly for the reasons previously addressed. Do I wish that were not the case? Of course. Am I pulling for him to turn the corner? Absolutely. But let's not rail on fans just because they can see -- and state -- the obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    My guess is that he makes a bunch of money somewhere, just not the NBA. He will be fine. No need to take shots at him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    He's one of US. A Xavier grad. Agree with Xavier J......cmon Jalen!
    Absolutely. He's one of us. Enough with the negatives. Good luck Jalen!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    I hope he's getting the right advice from his agent.

In rare cases some guys (like archidiacano) can pick up a small amount of guaranteed money when signed as FA for summer league....i really hope his agent isn't telling him to hold out for something like that.

I guarantee he's had offers to join teams- but it's also finding a place where you might actually have a shot of playing...

I love the kid and he seems to be a good person when it comes down to it. With Jalen, it's purely mental. I have heard he did some unbelievable things in practice, so he has the physical tools. Some guys figure it out and some guys don't. I wish him well. He will make money playing basketball somewhere.
    Zip'em Up!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Absolutely. He's one of us. Enough with the negatives. Good luck Jalen!
    Agreed.

Wear blue at games!
    Birdman'71'76

Maybe she just hasn't been given any info, but Shannon doesn't seem to be doing much in terms of post draft follow-ups. Seems like some of her Big East counterparts have been more involved.

Nobody wants Jalen ?

Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    Maybe she just hasn't been given any info, but Shannon doesn't seem to be doing much in terms of post draft follow-ups. Seems like some of her Big East counterparts have been more involved.
    I feel like there's just not much to say right now. We are in the stage where agents are talking to different teams, but nothing concrete has happened yet. She had some good stuff on Stainbrook last year, because he was actually working out with various teams and did Summer League.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk