Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    We put one on here in Indy. It was very well done and answered many questions. If one is in your area and you have concerns. I suggest you go.
    Do we have any concerns, Brother? I've got plenty of points, but really haven't even looked into this.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    My buddy and I just upgraded our seats from Section 206 to Section 212 yesterday. Still no seat license. Those are for suckers.
    I hope that the sarcasm font was fully engaged when you typed that. I guess we are suckers. Suckers who want to support the school in the best way possible.

Ok, call me one of the biggest suckers on the planet.

The sad thing is that I do not believe that this is the only time they will do this. You are going to have to maintain your points, and maintain them in relation to other fans, or I think we will just go through this again. This is just the first readjustment. Try to ask them how long this seat assignment will last before you sign the contract. Know full well what you are getting into brothers.

Xavier Basketball is a property of Learfield Sports.

The great thing for those uptop is that seats are still dirt cheap, and they are still running a special where if you sign up for a new seat you get $100 rebate. I think the cheapest seat is $232. I am offering my friends $100 that they will rebate to me next year just to get it going. $132 for a season ticket is incredible.

I am hoping to get 8-10 people in my posse, because I am a man that needs a posse.

So if you get frustrated, come uptop. Cintas has matured over the years. Can't say enough about the students making it a great environment. I love it uptop and I take my kids to every game, have been doing that since I brought them in the stroller. They are hard core Xavier fans.

Several Xavier legends on this board have met me up top, and if you are ever in town for a game just tell me and come on up. We stand behind the last row and raise hell. I don't think I could sit after all these years of jumping and high fiving all my friends.

I would like to thank MOR, and all the other Donors for supporting Xavier Basketball, a property of Learfield Properties. Because you pay those exorbitant rates, I get to watch the game in relative comfort and ease. You guys are subsidizing my Xavier Experience, and I am proud to be the welfare mom that gets the same experience at your expense.

An honestly, we were a top 5 team in the rankings last year. We have a mother load of talent and experience coming back. They have to strike while the iron is hot. And strike they will. Pay the man!
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    The sad thing is that I do not believe that this is the only time they will do this. You are going to have to maintain your points, and maintain them in relation to other fans, or I think we will just go through this again. This is just the first readjustment. Try to ask them how long this seat assignment will last before you sign the contract. Know full well what you are getting into brothers.

Xavier Basketball is a property of Learfield Sports.

The great thing for those uptop is that seats are still dirt cheap, and they are still running a special where if you sign up for a new seat you get $100 rebate. I think the cheapest seat is $232. I am offering my friends $100 that they will rebate to me next year just to get it going. $132 for a season ticket is incredible.

I am hoping to get 8-10 people in my posse, because I am a man that needs a posse.

So if you get frustrated, come uptop. Cintas has matured over the years. Can't say enough about the students making it a great environment. I love it uptop and I take my kids to every game, have been doing that since I brought them in the stroller. They are hard core Xavier fans.

Several Xavier legends on this board have met me up top, and if you are ever in town for a game just tell me and come on up. We stand behind the last row and raise hell. I don't think I could sit after all these years of jumping and high fiving all my friends.

I would like to thank MOR, and all the other Donors for supporting Xavier Basketball, a property of Learfield Properties. Because you pay those exorbitant rates, I get to watch the game in relative comfort and ease. You guys are subsidizing my Xavier Experience, and I am proud to be the welfare mom that gets the same experience at your expense.

An honestly, we were a top 5 team in the rankings last year. We have a mother load of talent and experience coming back. They have to strike while the iron is hot. And strike they will. Pay the man!
    I am not sure I believe this but I was told in the meeting that I arranged with Athletics about all this, after meeting with the AD to express my concerns, that (1) this is a one-off, and that it will not happen again (or at least the forseeable future...my interpretation), (2) the "seat license" amounts will not change (with my same interpretation as (1)), (3) this procedure was necessitated by the changes to the lower rows in the lower bowl, and was modeled after the reseating processes used by other schools (many of whom do it frequently; Marquette does it annually, I was told), and (4) this decision was made and designed by Athletics; Learfield Sports had nothing to do with it. I hope this is all true because this is a horrible process, badly designed, and likely to poison the water for a lot of long-time fans.

And Snipe, I am happy to subsidize your Cintas experience. Because of my position at Xavier, I could have free seats for every game. I chose to instead buy (increasingly) expensive seats to both improve my game experience and to support the program. You should buy me a beer every game up at D'Artagnan's Deck as a way of saying "thank you".
    Last edited by X-man; 06-28-2016 at 06:13 AM.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post

I would like to thank MOR, and all the other Donors for supporting Xavier Basketball, a property of Learfield Properties. Because you pay those exorbitant rates, I get to watch the game in relative comfort and ease. You guys are subsidizing my Xavier Experience, and I am proud to be the welfare mom that gets the same experience at your expense!
    UpTop is pretty awesome, if for nothing else than the Snipe Experience, which many times includes Kahns and Freddy Garvin at no additional charge.
    Fact is though that Snipester is up there primarily for A) The close proximity of the beer bar, B) The King is able to stand high upon his throne and look out over his Domain and rule over all he surveys. C) There is zero security up there so he can get away with all kinds of shenanigans, tomfoolery and hijinks.

I'm convinced that Snipe's ultimate goal is to start a successful "Top Down & Back Up" wave cheer. Screw those go around the arena waves. Those are so played.

Some day........

I love 201 and the bar above our section. I hope I will not have to move.
    Zip'em Up!