Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Freshman

Seat upgrade window

Anybody look into changing seat locations this coming season. Seems like a moot point since they are restacking the entire arena in another year or so but didn't know if people looked into it and if it was worthwhile or not.

Anyone attend any of the lunch and learn sessions about the mandatory location change? What info was provided?

Quote Originally Posted by cheeba View Post
    Anybody look into changing seat locations this coming season. Seems like a moot point since they are restacking the entire arena in another year or so but didn't know if people looked into it and if it was worthwhile or not.

Anyone attend any of the lunch and learn sessions about the mandatory location change? What info was provided?
    I just went to one of these. I think there are going to be some very angry people when they learn they can't get their same seats which they have sat in the last 15 years, particularly people who still have existing contracts for their seats.

That said, there are some cool things they are going to do- like build a new sports bar.
    Last edited by XU 87; 06-22-2016 at 09:09 PM.

Sophomore
    Wait a shit, what is going on?

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I

I met with one of the Cintas seat selection people in Athletics to voice my concerns as well as find out how (or if) I could do anything to increase the chances that that a bunch of us could stay together. I found out that I am in excellent shape to keep or even improve my two seats because I have more than double the average point level for people in my section. But my friends are in trouble because they are well below the average point total for our section. So how this plays out remains in flux. And the explanation as to why they are doing this continues to make little sense; it seems to be purely a money grab as I see it. But here is the link to see what the average point totals are for various sections of Cintas. So by looking up your Musketeer point level, you can see how you stack up against "the competition". Link: http://www.experiencecintascenter.com/points/
    Last edited by X-man; 06-23-2016 at 10:27 AM.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

All-Conference
    Isn't it always a money grab?

We put one on here in Indy. It was very well done and answered many questions. If one is in your area and you have concerns. I suggest you go.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I met with one of the Cintas seat selection people in Athletics to voice my concerns as well as find out how (or if) I could do anything to increase the chances that that a bunch of us could stay together. I found out that I am in excellent shape to keep or even improve my two seats because I have more than double the average point level for people in my section. But my friends are in trouble because they are well below the average point total for our section. So how this plays out remains in flux. And the explanation as to why they are doing this continues to make little sense; it seems to be purely a money grab as I see it. But here is the link to see what the average point totals are for various sections of Cintas. So by looking up your Musketeer point level, you can see how you stack up against "the competition". Link: http://www.experiencecintascenter.com/points/
    Welcome to big time college athletics...Xavier is now in this stratosphere and in some cases that is going to slightly suck. However, I think we all can agree that this is what we want Xavier to be for better or worse. If you or those around you get upset and decide they are not going to renew, the reality is that someone else will take those seats whether in the form of a single person or a corporate deal.

If this gets ridiculous, I will just do a 6 pack and use my son's free seats.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I am in excellent shape to keep or even improve my two seats because I have more than double the average point level for people in my section. But my friends are in trouble because they are well below the average point total for our section. So how this plays out remains in flux. [/URL]
    One way around that is that you can buy up to 4 tickets. So two of your buddies can give you their money and you can pay for their seats.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    One way around that is that you can buy up to 4 tickets. So two of your buddies can give you their money and you can pay for their seats.
    I know that. Unfortunately, I have 4 people right behind me who all are "in trouble". I can only help 2 of them, and that means choosing among them.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)