Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Cincinnati to the Big 12?

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...g-12/80280488/

I know it's an old article, but with Big 12 talks of expansion heating up even more what do you guys think? Personally being a WVU fan, it's brilliant. Absolutely bring UC in, the recruiting grounds open up even more into Ohio (WVU does well there in football regardless), a new TV market for the Big 12 which would only bring in more cash. Macy's and Kroger are willing to back this move, Nippert's renovation, hell even Gordon Gee's (president of WVU) ties to the state of Ohio, and even TCU/Baylor being shut out of the top 4 (granted Ohio State obviously deserved it in the end) a couple seasons ago, I just don't see why the Big 12 wouldn't do this. thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...g-12/80280488/

I know it's an old article, but with Big 12 talks of expansion heating up even more what do you guys think? Personally being a WVU fan, it's brilliant. Absolutely bring UC in, the recruiting grounds open up even more into Ohio (WVU does well there in football regardless), a new TV market for the Big 12 which would only bring in more cash. Macy's and Kroger are willing to back this move, Nippert's renovation, hell even Gordon Gee's (president of WVU) ties to the state of Ohio, and even TCU/Baylor being shut out of the top 4 (granted Ohio State obviously deserved it in the end) a couple seasons ago, I just don't see why the Big 12 wouldn't do this. thoughts?
    Because I think BYU and Houston do all of those things but better than UC.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Because I think BYU and Houston do all of those things but better than UC.
    Houston brings a new TV market?

I don't know if the Big Twelve will expand, and if they do I don't know what schools they'll add. I'm pretty sure I know who they will not add, though. It will not be BYU.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

I think if they expand, UC is in.

Agreed. I think that UC is in if they expand. Bad Santa Ono has been begging and pleading anyone that will listen to him that UC belongs in that league.

Naturally, I hope they pass them over for BYU and Houston.

Suck it Bad Santa!
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    Agreed. I think that UC is in if they expand. Bad Santa Ono has been begging and pleading anyone that will listen to him that UC belongs in that league.

Naturally, I hope they pass them over for BYU and Houston.

Suck it Bad Santa!
    So what you're saying is that the UC president feels that UC belongs in the Big Twelve?? SHOCKING NEWS!!!

I think the Big 12 can do better than UC. Western Kentucky and Temple are wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I think the Big 12 can do better than UC. Western Kentucky and Temple are wide open.
    North Dakota State would be a good addition. So would Wichita since rumors are that Wichita is looking at adding football.

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    Houston brings a new TV market?
    Houston is one of the top 5 most populous cities in America. And the Cincinnati market is shit bc it's divided with Ohio State. Ask how adding Rutgers has helped the Big Ten.