Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Huh really? So basically as long as we make the NCAA tournament, he will never be able to run out of his contract??

EDIT: For clarity, I don't mean leave for another school, but like his contract will always extend.
    Yeah- I don't know a ton of coaches that do it but it does make sense- as assuming we make it every year- he'll always have 4 years tacked on for recruiting purposes (I'll be here as long as you are etc...).

From an X standpoint it allows for the "extension" headline to be put out every year as well which is always a good PR move after a successful season (deemed here as participating in NCAA tournament).

I can't find the right thread to put this.
    But got the Xavier Nation mag today with some nice stuff on the team, and a lot more.

Including BJ Dana's article! Props!
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    The 2014 IRS-990 form, covering the period from July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015, is out. Chris Mack's total compensation package from Xavier increased from $1,186,661 for 2013-2014 to $1,420,479. That is a nice raise, and well deserved IMHO. It would seem that his compensation rate is still a bit low compared to many "power conference" coaching positions, but it is getting better. I don't know how it stacks up against other BE programs.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

That's over 20% increase, not bad at all.

About half of what JTIII and Wright make.

JTIII is just plain stealing money ..........

I wont be comfortable until he's over 2MM/yr.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

Fair point, but who's going to make sure he gets there? Are you going to take money out of your pocket to make sure a guy getting paid $1.5 million gets paid MORE money? Seems kind of insane to me.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    About half of what JTIII and Wright make.

JTIII is just plain stealing money ..........

The schools that Mack would want to go to smirk at that number. Someone like Louisville would offer 4 million and thats on the low end.

Hate to say it, but Dayton pays Archie Miller more than that.

X HAS to pay Mack more.

That 1.42 was for the 14-15 season. After he got that team to the sweet 16 I'd bet he'd probably have been at least in the 1.6 range for last season. Hopefully he's up around 1.8 for this season. He should be.

Dayton is about twice the size of Xavier (probably even more if graduate programs are considered), with an endowment nearly 4x ours. Now obviously coaches aren't paid out of the endowment, but from a financial perspective Dayton is in a much better position than us. Our basketball program prominence notwithstanding.