Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by TUclutch View Post
    Im curious what those of you who are saying you won't buy if your specific seats aren't available would do if they built a new arena? Because in reality while its the same building its basically what would happen if they built a new place. Would you be this upset and refuse to buy new seats then? Surely no one really thought Cintas would be permanent, so how is this renovation and seating issue that different from a new arena with the same need to pick seats again?
    But it is NOT a new arena. The Cintas Center is just going to have a small increase in the number of seats available. It is therefore ridiculous that they are going to reseat the entire season ticket base to accommodate the change. I know a lot of current season ticket buyers who will not renew if their seating arrangement is substantially changed. I will likely be able to retain my seats given the points I have, but many of those around me will likely be moved. Should that happen I will have to think very hard as to whether I want to retain my own seats. That is the problem with this dumb arrangement.
    Last edited by X-man; 04-11-2016 at 05:08 AM.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Sophomore
    Next year will be my 5th year as a season ticketholder so the change doesn't affect me (as far as I can tell it may help me) but I can understand why people that are 10 year+ may be upset. I've certainly developed a friendly relationship with the people around me

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    But it is NOT a new arena. The Cintas Center is just going to have a small increase in the number of seats available. It is therefore ridiculous that they are going to reseat the entire season ticket base to accommodate the change. I know a lot of current season ticket buyers who will not renew if their seating arrangement is substantially changed. I will likely be able to retain my seats given the points I have, but many of those around me will likely be moved. Should that happen I will have to think very hard as to whether I want to retain my own seats. That is the problem with this dumb arrangement.
    It basically is going to be a new arena though. Same exterior, new interior. Seat increase, changes in types of seating for premium members, changes in courtside and joseph lounge. This is all stuff that would happen if the arena was replaced, but because the foundation and walls of the arena aren't being torn down, people are upset. I find that both funny and ridiculous if that is the logic.
    Last edited by TUclutch; 04-11-2016 at 08:08 AM.

It basically is going to be a new arena though. Same exterior, new interior. Seat increase, changes in types of seating for premium members, changes in courtside and joseph lounge. This is all stuff that would happen if the arena was replaced, but because the foundation and walls of the arena aren't being torn down, people are upset. I find that both funny and ridiculous if that is the logic.
    The "logic", as you call it, is quite simple. The Cintas is adding some new seats. They are also "renovating" less than 200 seats in the lower rows of Sections 101-104. But they are using this renovation as an excuse to reseat the entire season ticketholder base, regardless of length of time one has been a season ticketholder (over 25 years in my case) or the relationships that seat-holders have developed with those sitting in their area. And they are offering a "solution" for anyone afraid of losing their seat...give more money so you can beef up your points. It's a money grab, plain and simple, without the slightest regard for fan loyalty to the program.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Sophomore
    The "logic", as you call it, is quite simple. The Cintas is adding some new seats. They are also "renovating" less than 200 seats in the lower rows of Sections 101-104. But they are using this renovation as an excuse to reseat the entire season ticketholder base, regardless of length of time one has been a season ticketholder (over 25 years in my case) or the relationships that seat-holders have developed with those sitting in their area. And they are offering a "solution" for anyone afraid of losing their seat...give more money so you can beef up your points. It's a money grab, plain and simple, without the slightest regard for fan loyalty to the program.
    It's no different than if they built an entirely new arena. You never answered my question about that. Would you have been this upset then? Or did you and others think Cintas would/should be around forever just as it was so that seating would never change again in your lifetime?

My seats went down in price from last year! Nice! I'm in 206 (upper corner)

- I mean, they are giving us a three year notice and have asked all of us for our concerns/suggestions.
    - Yes, it's a "money grab" in the sense that it will increase revenues, which you know, you kind of need to compete in the current college athletic landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblob06 View Post
    My seats went down in price from last year! Nice! I'm in 206 (upper corner)
    I'm in Section 206 too and my 16/17 seats went down as well! Suck it whine-n-cheesers!
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    I'm in Section 206 too and my 16/17 seats went down as well! Suck it whine-n-cheesers!
    I'm in 104, and mine are going down after the "reseat". Suck it, upper-level pikers!

It's no different than if they built an entirely new arena. You never answered my question about that. Would you have been this upset then? Or did you and others think Cintas would/should be around forever just as it was so that seating would never change again in your lifetime?
    Can't discuss this any further so long as you continue to maintain the nonsensical position that altering a couple of 100 seats, plus adding seating above the student section is no different than building a new arena.