Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's go Nova

Well done, congrats to 'Nova for making the Elite Eight. Keep it rolling!

Let's go Nova

Keep winning, Nova.

It actually pisses me off to see Nova steamroll Miami in the Sweet 16 knowing Xavier crapped the bed against Wisconsin.

Nova was ready to play in the NCAA tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    It actually pisses me off to see Nova steamroll Miami in the Sweet 16 knowing Xavier crapped the bed against Wisconsin.

Nova was ready to play in the NCAA tournament.
    I was thinking about this too. Nova absolutely came ready to play....a year after they got unexpectedly bumped in the 2nd rd last year. All the players on this years team experienced that and were on a mission to not allow that to happen again.

I hope X can come into the tourney next year with the same chip on their shoulder. If there is any silver lining to Sunday night, it's that.
    Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football and Xavier Basketball.........Doesn't get much better than that.

All-Conference
    Clinic

Quote Originally Posted by Drew's Crew View Post
    I was thinking about this too. Nova absolutely came ready to play....a year after they got unexpectedly bumped in the 2nd rd last year. All the players on this years team experienced that and were on a mission to not allow that to happen again.

I hope X can come into the tourney next year with the same chip on their shoulder. If there is any silver lining to Sunday night, it's that.
    This.... we were devastated after NC state last year. But, Jay kept the message going that it was not the end of the world. We as fans did not want to hear that, but clearly it worked with the players. FINALLY, peaking at right time. So, I expect X will be a beast next year (think we'll be pretty good as well) and will have a huge chip on its shoulder. Go BE, great to stick it to the experts on espn.

Quote Originally Posted by novachap View Post
    This.... we were devastated after NC state last year. But, Jay kept the message going that it was not the end of the world. We as fans did not want to hear that, but clearly it worked with the players. FINALLY, peaking at right time. So, I expect X will be a beast next year (think we'll be pretty good as well) and will have a huge chip on its shoulder. Go BE, great to stick it to the experts on espn.
    Well said!

Supporting Member
    Love what nova did last night and hope they keep it going. However, I don't think what nova has done has really legitimized the big east. I mean does anyone think through Pac 12 is better now because Oregon is in the elite eight? To me, multiple teams would have to do something....I mean kentucky does something almost every year and everyone knows the sec is still garbage.

With all that said, I hope nova cuts the nets down.

It would be nice to have multiple teams in the sweet 16 but it would be great to see Nova go to the Final 4 n maybe beyond. I still despise them since they nearly ended Ed's career though. Go Nova!

I may be mistaken, but I think Nova is the first conference mate of Xavier's to make an Elite Eight...since St. Joe's in 2004. Right?