Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Blood

We are spending a lot of time on who might start. The more important question is who will get the most minutes, and when. The last 4 minutes are more telling than the first 4 minutes. This season clearly showed that.

New Blood

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    I would be shocked if at least one of our experienced bigs (O'Mara and/or Gates) doesn't start. Although we could really use Gates' defense, there's more room for O'Mara.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I could actually see Gates starting at the 4, pushing Trevon back to the 3. He offers a lot of the same mismatch issues on the offensive end as Trevon at the 4, and the two can switch back and forth on defensive assignments as need be. This would mean that he starts over J.P., most likely, but Remy did the same thing in good part because of his defensive ability.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    We are spending a lot of time on who might start. The more important question is who will get the most minutes, and when. The last 4 minutes are more telling than the first 4 minutes. This season clearly showed that.
    Hey hey hey, the MOST important question is the one I started this thread with! Who are you most excited to see next year, out of the newcomers?

Quote Originally Posted by X-ceptional View Post
    Hey hey hey, the MOST important question is the one I started this thread with! Who are you most excited to see next year, out of the newcomers?
    Oh, we left that behind a long time ago!

I agreed with you, Gaston will be most important, but can't wait to see Goodin.

I'm gonna say Ekinyor. He's had half a semester to be with the team, he's enrolled at X, I want to see if that helps him get a running start and possibly contribute to the front court. Obviously Gaston has a whole year, but Ekinyor's a 4 star talent where a lot of big schools wanted him. Leaves a little extra level of intrigue for me.

Definitely see where you're coming from, GIMMFD. As I mentioned up front, EE is the one I've heard least about, since he hasn't been playing tournaments, etc after enrolling, whereas you'll still see a tweet about Jones and Goodin here or there. Obviously he's got some serious talent to get so many offers from good programs. Really does have that level of intrigue as you put it.

I have to say Gaston. I don't expect a dynamic offensive player, but he could be really fun to watch. I imagine he'll be grabbing rebounds like crazy and defending at a high rate in the post.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by X-ceptional View Post
    Definitely see where you're coming from, GIMMFD. As I mentioned up front, EE is the one I've heard least about, since he hasn't been playing tournaments, etc after enrolling, whereas you'll still see a tweet about Jones and Goodin here or there. Obviously he's got some serious talent to get so many offers from good programs. Really does have that level of intrigue as you put it.
    The best part is he already gets to start transforming his body as opposed to the other guys we have coming in, he'll already be dieting differently, doing weight training with the team. He got to go against James, Jalen, Sean, Gaston in practice. I think that could help him tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    In 334 minutes played this year, Larry attempted one three.
    I actually take that to be a positive for Larry. Clearly the guy understands that when he is on the court with Tre, JP, Myles, etc. he shouldn't be taking three-pointers (or any shots that aren't wide open). I expect to see a lot more of LAJ and Gates next year because they are both plus defenders. For a freshman, Gates was a fabulous defender more often than not.

As for looking forward to see I'd say all except Rashid are mostly likely behind several players on the depth chart, but I'm looking forward to seeing Quentin because I like guards with good size.

What's really crazy is how deep X is now with so many four star recruits . . . and you think back to a few years when it was Semaj and Travis and that was about it.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    The best part is he already gets to start transforming his body as opposed to the other guys we have coming in, he'll already be dieting differently, doing weight training with the team. He got to go against James, Jalen, Sean, Gaston in practice. I think that could help him tremendously.
    To my understanding, he's already packed on fifteen pounds since he began at X. From 215 to 230.