Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The regional/area compition that Goodin has played against is in reality pretty weak, but his experience in the state toruney and AAU ball may will help him to adjust to college ball. Kentucky, especially in the area of the state he is from, just doesn't have the population and level of talent that can be found in most major metro areas in Ohio. I'm not saying this to disparage him, or any of the teams/players in Kentucky. I've lived across the river here in NKY for 25 years and have refereed and coached in both states. There are individual players that would be successful in either state. I certainly hope that Goodin is one of those. Having not seen him play, I can't comment on his particular talent level. I'll trust the coaching staff on this one.

Junior
    I would have concerns about someone coming from the Simpson line of players from Lima. Greg's life didn't turn out so great.

Besides being a player, go have to be smart as a PG. Quentin has a 3.5 GPA, like Ed Sumner's 3.0 plus GPA.

Yeah, give me Q.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Who's Kobi Simmons?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Besides being a player, go have to be smart as a PG. Quentin has a 3.5 GPA, like Ed Sumner's 3.0 plus GPA.

Yeah, give me Q.
    I question how highly academic GPA and on-court IQ correlate. What those GPAs tell me more than anything is that these guys are hardworking and focused. High school is easy. You just have to do the work, and these guys did.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    I question how highly academic GPA and on-court IQ correlate. What those GPAs tell me more than anything is that these guys are hardworking and focused. High school is easy. You just have to do the work, and these guys did.

Did you read the NY Times article about Xavier's playbook? There are a lot of F-IMG plays!

Who's Kobi Simmons?

Did you read the NY Times article about Xavier's playbook? There are a lot of F-IMG plays!
    Basketball challenges the brain in different ways from academics, though. It requires much more of spatial and kinesthetic intelligence.

Last edited by XUFan09; 03-17-2016 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Basketball challenges the brain in different ways from academics, though. It requires a much more of spatial and kinesthetic intelligence.

Dude, I know. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssyyyyyy.

I don't doubt Mack and company, Q will be a good player for us, hopefully he continues to develop, and we get that 71% from the free throw line up a little bit ;)

Who's Kobi Simmons?

Dude, I know. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssyyyyyy.
    Dude, typing out easy like that implies I'm worked up over this. It was just a silly comment by you, and I responded lol.

Junior
    A good barometer of Goodin's talent will be the Indiana-Kentucky All Star series this June. Indiana has been beating the Ky All Stars badly for a number of years now. If he can hold his own, or even shine in those two games, it may be a glimpse of his future.