XU Golf WINS Pinehurst Invitational

The Xavier Men's Golf Team took the 1st Place Crown by one stroke over Elon at the Pinehust Invitational Golf Classic over the weekend. Jose Montenaro finished third in stroke play.

The great news of the on course success was somewhat tempered by the announcement that Head Men's Coach Doug Steiner announced his retirement yesterday. Doug has been the Head Man at XU since 1988 and presently has 5 players on various tours around the world including XU Hall of Famer Jason Kokrak on the PGA Tour and Andy Pope on the Web.com Tour. Doug was also responsible for the Xavier Golf facility at
    Maketewah.

Good luck to my good friend Doug as he moves on. He will be greatly missed. Congratulations to the team.p on their victory!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    The Xavier Men's Golf Team took the 1st Place Crown by one stroke over Elon at the Pinehust Invitational Golf Classic over the weekend. Jose Montenaro finished third in stroke play.

The great news of the on course success was somewhat tempered by the announcement that Head Men's Coach Doug Steiner announced his retirement yesterday. Doug has been the Head Man at XU since 1988 and presently has 5 players on various tours around the world including XU Hall of Famer Jason Kokrak on the PGA Tour and Andy Pope on the Web.com Tour. Doug was also responsible for the Xavier Golf facility at
    Maketewah.

Good luck to my good friend Doug as he moves on. He will be greatly missed. Congratulations to the team.p on their victory!
    Loved his golf class! 1/2 at Lunken, 1/2 in class preparing a fictional outing.

What is with the timing? Seems odd.
    Don't get saucy with me, Bearnaise!

Pinehurst #2. Brutal. Think i shot 200.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post

Maketewah.

Well done. Wasn't a happy day when this news hit the doorstep.
    X A V I E R