Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Congratulations to The Rhetorical Question (you have your nickname for him, I have mine).

Sophomore
    Bill Self wins coach of the year. Disappointing Mack didn't get it, but Bill Self could probably win it every year. Personally, I think he might be the best coach in college basketball. Self, K, Izzo and then everyone else.

Freshman
    Does this mean Big Game James is 7th man of the year?

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Bill Self wins coach of the year. Disappointing Mack didn't get it, but Bill Self could probably win it every year. Personally, I think he might be the best coach in college basketball. Self, K, Izzo and then everyone else.
    Except when it comes tourney time.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Except when it comes tourney time.
    Yes, but he's been viciously good in the regular season and has still won a title, been runner-up, made 3 elite eights and two sweet sixteens so he's really still performing better than almost every other coach. If he wins that other title game he's been better than coach K in the last 13 years. He's been pretty good and I'd rather say it about bill self than coach k. Plus he's only been there since 03 not 80

Sophomore
    and he's only lost 9 games at home. i mean some of the stuff kansas has done while he's been there has been outrageous. 12 straight conference titles? holy hell

sorry to derail the thread i'm just always amazed Bill Self doesn't get mentioned more often

still absurd Chris Mack didn't win it this year. congrats to jp
    Last edited by scoscox; 03-08-2016 at 12:30 PM.

Junior
    Yeah, I can't complain about Self. I might disagree personally, but overall, its a good choice.

Mack had earned himself quite a bit of $$$$ this season (in terms of future comp). He can dry his tears with $100 bills.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Mack had earned himself quite a bit of $$$$ this season (in terms of future comp). He can dry his tears with $100 bills.
    Not unless donors step up.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Yeah, I can't complain about Self. I might disagree personally, but overall, its a good choice.

yeah i would have liked to see Mack win it, and he was deserving, but Self was also deserving of it. tough to pick just 1 coach of the year

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Yes, but he's been viciously good in the regular season and has still won a title, been runner-up, made 3 elite eights and two sweet sixteens so he's really still performing better than almost every other coach. If he wins that other title game he's been better than coach K in the last 13 years. He's been pretty good and I'd rather say it about bill self than coach k. Plus he's only been there since 03 not 80
    Yes all true. It is amazing they have won 12 straight in a really good basketball conference.

Self has had the highest of highs and some of the biggest upsets in the tourney.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17