Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    We'll see if Butler is able to match up well with Seton Hall; it wouldn't surprise me if Butler beats the Hall twice within the span of a week (at Hinkle and MSG).
    If they beat the Hall, I think they'll end up in the 4/5 game in the BET.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    If Butler and Providence both win out and wind up 10-8, Providence would get the 4 seed because of the season sweep over Butler. Creighton is probably going to finish 9-9 with losses at Providence and Xavier, but they're likely going to wind up getting anywhere from a 4 to a 6 seed; I don't see them falling below Georgetown (who would need to win at Villanova in the process) or Marquette (who would need to win at Butler).

Right, so Butler likely cannot beat Seton Hall twice in a week+. Because those two are NOT going to both be in the championship game.

Marquette plays Georgetown in a game that is going to decide who we play. Marquette has a better record and would be better for our strength of schedule and RPI. Playing Marquette, Seton Hall and Nova will do wonders for our RPI.

But Marquette vs Georgetown is our game to watch this Wednesday if you want to scout our first round opponent.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Marquette plays Georgetown in a game that is going to decide who we play.

Hey man, don't count out St. John's. They've got one of the best shot-blockers in the country!

Getting the #2 seed is nice progress for our third year in the league. (#3 in 2014, #6 in 2015)

I always enjoyed the A10, but the tournament was never too exciting. I was more excited to see how XU matched up against a NCAA team they hadn't faced already. Of course, winning the A10 tourney was great fun, but if they lost it wasn't the end of world and the added rest didn't hurt them either at this stage.

Big East matchups have much more weight. Great fun!

On average, sure, but it's going to take some doing to beat out the 2004 and 2006 A-10 Tournaments. Those are better than anything we've experienced in MSG to date. Hopefully a Saturday night win in 12 day to clinch a one seed will replace those as my top Xavier conference tournament memories.

i reside in the murky dreams of drug addled women.
    How dare you people attempt to diminish the glory of 2004. That said, i will be at MSG.

Also, Muskienick and i are going to Brooklyn to visit birthplace of bernie sanders.

The Coz will be arriving by Megabus. It is the easiest way to smuggle trans fats into that fascist state.